What's new
What's new

literally TONS of sandpaper..

James W

Cast Iron
I bought a HUGE amount of sandpaper at a local auction, Im keeping a lifetime supply for myself but there is NO way i could possibly use all of it. I honestly dont know the best way of selling this stuff.. I was thinking maybe by the pound. If anyone wants a large amount I would certainly entertain any offer.

I havent done a complete inventory but it looks like grits range from 24-320 in nearly any form you could want, closed/open grit.. paper backing to cloth, not to mention widths from 1" to 36". Most if not all is made in USA, looks to be fairly high quality stuff.

If you have an easy way of an asking price, Id love to hear it..

Picture of sandpaper

Many thanks,

James

I would be interested in the roll off 24 grit but would perfer 36 by about 3 wide. and some thing in the 60 grit range by 3'wide. I use the 36 grid for old wood side house after scraping it. Using a pole sander. To give you a idea of what I am looking for.
David

I know someone who has been down that same sandpaper road....apparently whatever special tape is used to make the strip into belt is a closely guarded secret...if anyone knows where to get it please let me know so I can tell my friend...

thanks
tom

Go visit a local, non-franchise auto body shop (or even an independent Maaco or Earl Scheib).

They'll probably buy it all, if you offer it to them for 2/3 of what they're paying from the local jobber.

Get a rough idea of price from MSC or similar. Or call around to a few body shop supply companies and get quotes.

FWIW,

Andy

How many five inch diameter disks do you have? Are they peel and stick or hook and loop?

I am assuming that the seller does not want to sell this as he did not respond to my initial question either???
Unusual to post something for sale and then NOT try to sell it.
If seller changes mind, please let me know if you have what I originally inquired about.
---Grant

Back