What's new
What's new

parameter setting Mazak T2

D. Rey

Titanium
I need to change the OP1-OP5 parameters. They are strings of on and off bits in a series of 8.

When I punch in the correct string like 01000000 > input, I get a format error, the control won't take it. Anyone know the correct format to get the numbers into the control?

I figured it out.

The bit parameters read right to left, as in Japanese.

I was putting them in backwards, I needed to input 00000010 instead of 01000000.

edit*

still won't take it, says I have a format error, I did find out that it reads "backwards" the data string is 8 bits long with a space in the middle, problem no space key on my keyboard. Tried "." "-" and even putting a 0 in place of the space.

Could it be a hex number (base 16) that you have to input? Every string of 4 binary characters converts to one and only one unique hex number (I think :D ) So to get the number you want, you might just enter a 02

Counting in hex, 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,A,B,C,D,E,F,G,H

You lost me. How do you convert 4 binary numbers to hex?

I tried entering one "1". I also tried 01 thinking maybe it wants the 1st digit then it's designation, neither worked.

Whatever I'll try 02 and see if it works.

Ya know, in big skool I took arif-metic all the way up thru advanced differential equations, and never made anything but A's. However, my mind refuses to think in hex or octal or even binary. There's something strange about them bit-twiddlers who actually understand that stuff :D

A 4 place binary number, from 0000 to 1111 can also be described in base sixteen (called hexadecimal).
0000 = 0 (hex)
0001 = 1
0010 = 2
0011 = 3
0100 = 4
0101 = 5
0110 = 6
0111 = 7
1000 = A
1001 = B
1010 = C
1011 = D
1100 = E
1101 = F
1110 = G
1111 = H

See that each hex number creates a unique combination of 'bits' when your control converts the number. It is kind of a code puzzle: you determine which sequence of bits you want, and then enter in the hex value that gives you the magic combo.

So, your 8 bit binary number in your controller can be described as a two place hexadecimal, or 00 hex.

Any value in either the left or the right 4 bits, will be equivalent to one hex number, from 0 to H.

So if there is a binary value in the left 4 digits, convert that to the hex value. Ditto on the right 4 bits. If no value (all zeros), then it is also 0 in hex.

I suppose your control could also use Octal, which would be base 8. That I don't know the numbering scheme, but if only there was this magic box that a guy could use to search the archives of the world with.... :D

Dave,
A professional retrofitter taught me how that hex stuff works when he put a Mitsubishi control on my lathe. Their understanding of the whole ball of wax was phenomenal. I was happy to pay them for their work, they were that good at it.

So, I'm just passing it on

I wonder if the parameters are in 'protected form' right now? Is there somewhere that you might have to change a setting to enable editing of these bits?

I don't know the answer to that. AFAIK there are some that you can't change but they do not show on the parameter list at all.

The error I'm getting says that the format of the input is no good no message indicating I can't change them.

You could be right though....still trying to get a Mazak tech out here to help me. Their service is pretty poor so far.

Getting parts is a one day affair, wish their techs were as easy to get.

It's been a long time, but I think you need to put a "&" in front of the number. This tells the control it's a hex number. Try entering &02 and see if that works. Like I said it's been a long time, but that's the best I remember.

If your trying to get a mazak service guy, I would get Mike Harris, who works out of the LA office, but lives in Phoenix. The local dealer, reid machinery has a service guy, but I don't think he is as good on old controls.

Parameters on a T2 with Mitsubishi control has to have parity bit added equivalent to the amount of bits set to a 1, so if 00001000 it will be 000010001 entered.
M.

Hi Dave,
I know it has been for long, long time that you had this problem but now I have also same problem but with parameter O29 it has to 00000000 but some how it changed to 00000001 amd creating problem.
I do not know what this parameter means but I can not change it to old value.
If you have some information, please help me with that.
Cheers.

Back