What's new

Learning To Program With The Mazatrol Language

• Thread starter jon_banquer
  • Start date
  • Replies 15
  • Views 28,893
J

jon_banquer

Is there anything available for someone who wants to learn the Mazatrol language at home ?

Jon Banquer
Phoenix, Arizona.

How do you prove out / verify a Mazatrol language program at home ? With G code I use NC Plot or CIMCO Edit 5. If I'm going to learn the Mazatrol language I need a way to verify what I create. We don't have Mazaks at work.

Jon Banqeur
Phoenix, Arizona

Camlink, and or the built in verify feature in the control. Either will give me a preview of the toolpath (my lathe is in my garage so that's at home

Jon,
You can request a demo cd from Griffo Bros. Their demo software is free and allows you to write programs but has the save and some of the other features disabled. Also, you can contact Mazak on their website under support-programming classes. Tell them you had a training manual but lost it and wanted to know how to get another one. I have done this and they sent me a new one at no charge. I have give a copy of griffo and a training manual to a few of my new guys and it has helped them a lot.

Nothing will be reasonably priced for home learning. As other have mentioned, there is Mazak Camware (around $7,000), or Griffo Brothers. In the Chicago area there were some community colleges teaching Mazatrol for a reasonable price (around $250 per semester). Check community colleges in your area.

You can request a demo cd from Griffo Bros. Their demo software is free and allows you to write programs

Do you have any info on the Griffo Bros like a website?

learning mazatrol at home would be difficult. So much depends on machine parameters. Mazatrol automatically enters entry and exit moves, etc. Programming point a to point b is not as easy as it seems at times, as mazatrol gets in the way. great stuff for drilling and specific other tasks, but a pain to figure out some seemingly simple operations.

"You can request a demo cd from Griffo Bros. Their demo software is free and allows you to write programs but has the save and some of the other features disabled."

Called Griffo Bros. Their demo software is no longer available.

Anyone have a copy of the demo?

Jon Banquer
Phoenix, Arizona

You are going to have a hard time learning the programming without the machine. Do you have a machine that you can access, or is Mazatrol something you want to learn for future use?

I have talked to Griffo also and like the previous post their demo is no longer available. Does anyone have a copy of it they could send me?

Back