What's new
What's new

Mazak microdisk operation?

D. Rey

Titanium
I am trying to transfer a file from PC to the microdisk with Camlink. I insert a disk and format with the microdisk no problem. Then it gives this menu

1.CMT (2) 2.CMT (6) 3. EIA/ISO

Then, after I pick one it gives the following menu

CMT
(1)-(2)

I can input a 1 or 2 and then it gives the time stamp menu.

Which ones do I pick?

This is for a T2 control.

OK thanks for the number again.

They tell me the CMT 2 and 6 divide the disk at format into 2 sectors or 6

Then when you load the formatted disk it asks you to tell it what the sector number is. 1=2 sectors and 2=6 sectors.

Nervis,
Have you thought about running a cable to your machine and eliminating the microdisk? We use camlink and have hardwired several machines and thus saved a lot of time by not using the microdisk.

Yep. I can do that too.

In order to do that though I have to steal my wifes laptop and sneak into the garage with it.

Hi, can anyone help? I put a disk in and it says format press start. It then beebs and then gives the 3 choices. I pick 3 for EIA. It then says disk drive error. What does that mean exactly?
Also can I take programs in my Mazak that were written in conversational, and convert then to G code? I have a VTC=16 with M32B control.
Thanks

1. Using a Double Density disk?
2. Write protect on disk on?
3. Try another Double Density disk.
If you are asking if the "blue box" will convert Mazatrol to Eia- No.
HTH- Lee

No, I was wondering if you can convert a program in the machine controller from mazitrol to eia format. I did find an older floppy disk single density. It has a program on it in eia format. I was trying to communicate with the machine, but it keeps coming up with 515 error. I get a choice of 1-5 3 being in. I then send program from NC to Microdisk. The machine error says: "515 CMT MISCONNECTED".
I checked Baud rate on machine and micro and both are set at 4800 2 stop bits even parity. I also set microdisk at EIA. The other choice was ISO.
Any more ideas would be appreciated.

You have probably already checked, but I would start suspecting and start looking at the cable at this point.
Lee
Never heard of M32 control converting from EIA to Mazatrol or vice versa.

I just tried hooking directly to a computer and get the same problem. Is there a certain pinout for the cable, and does anyone know what the pinout should be?
I have a cable that came with the micro disk that has the 25 pin on both ends, but is marked NC on one end and CON-4B on the other end.
I also have a generic 25 pin on one end and a serial 9 pin on the other.

Back