What's new
What's new

Mazak Variable Threading Software

OKIEMACHINIST

Aluminum
We recently added Mazak's Thread Point Compensation option to A Slant Turn 50 w/Fusion Control. Wasn't expecting a whole lot of improvement, but the salesman talked us into it. This option has made a night and day difference while threading. While the machine is threading you can speed up or slow down the RPM and never miss the lead. Chatter has almost become a thing of the past. I would recommend to anyone who fights chatter in threads.

Seems to me like you don't know how to thread.

There's chart's for speed's for threading in accordance with the material you're cutting.

Try using a machinest's handbook or better yet read the recomendations of the inserts you're using.

Mazak's standard threading package is all you need. Stevie Wonder could thread on a Mazak.

Okie, thanks for shareing about that option, I am sure many people have wondered if that option would really be an improvement. It sure sounds like it would make fine tuning your threading cycle much faster.

Charles

Hemi,
We cut mainly A.P.I. threads (oilfield in case you dont know) that are up to 0.155" deep with a blunt tool nose radius and they are on a taper. Which you probably have never cut before and they are not in the Machinist handbook. Some parts are up to 42 rockwell and have a great tendency to chatter while threading. But since you are such an ACE machinist and probably have a bucket of anti-chatter grease next to your machine, you probably don't need any help.

We're an Areospace Machine shop. One of 9 In the Country that work for Northrope Grumman.

There's nothing we Haven't made or can make.

.155 deep is a week excuse for troubles with threading.

You people are all week.

I don't know how it is that you can call your selve's machinest's.

We do custom thread's of all sort's.

We thread inconel and all type's of hardend material's.

Get a grip and figure it out.

Here's a look at our site and then you can all just put it back in your pant's.

http://aphelionptc.com/

When you figure out how to make some of that stuff then you can speak.

Hemi is a poor substitute for Pi, who had a lot of knowledge to back up his bull****. He seems to be fixated on what his shop has produced, but hasn't defined what his own role is. I'm still waiting for any evidence of hands-on machining knowledge. Pretty boring stuff.

I don't think he actually works there. I think his dad or grandfather works there. Or maybe had a tour on a school field trip. If he was smart enough to work there, he'd be able to spell, and smart enough to not hit enter at the end of each line.

Hemi,
Maybe until you learn how to spell and use the English language correctly, then you shouldn't be writing in this forum. By the way, are you the janitor at your shop?

We're an Areospace Machine shop. One of 9 In the Country that work for Northrope Grumman.

There's nothing we Haven't made or can make.

.155 deep is a week excuse for troubles with threading.

You people are all week.

I don't know how it is that you can call your selve's machinest's.

We do custom thread's of all sort's.

We thread inconel and all type's of hardend material's.

Get a grip and figure it out.

http://aphelionptc.com/

When you figure out how to make some of that stuff then you can speak.
That would be Aerospace.
No need to capitalize the word in or country.
No need to capitalize the word haven't.
That would be weak.
That would be weak again.
Yourselves is one word with no apostrophe.
That's machinists with no apostrophe.
That's threads with no apostrophe.
That's sorts with no apostrophe.
That's types with no apostrophe.
That's materials with no apostrophe.
That's pants with no apostrophe.
:D

quote:

Hemi. Those parts and that equipment don't impress me. Ive seen wilder stuff that that. There are hundreds of aerospace shops in Cali. I would go out on a limb and say about 70-90% of the shops are aerospace. and as far as doing work for Northrop. I've done jobs for them, Boeing,JPL, Raytheon, Boeing sat., Hughes, NASA, Airbus, Teledyne, Parker, Exxon, DSCR, DSCP, DOD, GM, IBM,Honeywell, GE big deal. it's our profession that's what we do. I'm currently as we speak working on the YF22 Raptor project.
By the way hemi how old and how long have you been in the game?

We are doing lots of work on the F22 Raptor project, as a matter fact we're working on new prototype stuff for it. Deep impact Project as well. That was a HUGE sucess. Hope you saw the pictures It was thanks to us you did.

If spelling made a machinist I guess I wouldn't be one but since it dosen't I guess my job is safe.

Thank's for the lesson in English, I failed English class anyways that's why I'm a machinest.

Also I know there's lots of shops in Areospace, but only 9 that work for Northrop. That's 9 in all of North America.

If you read my profile you would know my position in my shop.

We are </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />
We're </font>[/QUOTE]
here's nothing we Haven't made </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />
We do custom </font>[/QUOTE]
We thread
we're working on
thanks to us
So, have you done anything yourself or are you just piggy backing on your employer?
If you read my profile you would know my position in my shop.
Process Engineer/ CNC Lathe Programmer
process engineer? So, you get a nice title to rewrite what is already on the print anyways.

Lathe programmer, WOW, you must be the first person on this forum that has ever programmed a lathe, I'm sure we'll all benefit from you degrading people that ask questions.

Also I know there's lots of shops in Areospace, but only 9 that work for Northrop. That's 9 in all of North America.
And this makes you... what??? There are plenty of people on here that do lots of hush hush work, myself included. Do we feel the need to brag about it? like its something special? No. Does Northrop have the worst engineers in the world therefore making you the best machinist in the world? I doubt it, since most of the northrop work I've done has been pretty clear.

OOOOOHHHHH pretty machined parts from a large company. Now if your profile said owner/operator, I'd still think you were an ass, but I might have a little more respect for you.

Hey Bob, Sound's to me like you're envious.

One of the 7 deadly sins.

When you get to the point where our shop did you EARN bragging right's.

Northrop has the worst engineer's. That's why the like us. We've saved their butt many of time's.

No for semantic's. Let's start a new forum for the discussion of the English language.

It's apparent that you can't find anything to say but I can't spell or my grammer is poor.

Well considering this is a Machining forum and you can't find anything but my puntuation to pick on go back to trouble shooting how to cut steel.

Try turning on the spindle.

Hey BOB,

quote:

"I'm sure we'll all"

Are you being redundent?

If you're going to pick on my grammer use it correctly yourself.

Back