What's new
What's new

Parts Counter on M-32 (EIA Program)

E-Stop

Cast Iron
Using the parts counter on a M-32 control, Mazatrol program is pretty easy but getting it to work in an EIA program is giving me fits. I have a macro that adds +1 to a local variable to keep track of part count but it would be nice to use the Parts Counter on the main screen. I don't have a macro/variable book for the M-32 but in my M-Plus book it shows #3901. So I added this line at the end of the program:

#3901=[#3901+1]

and everytime it reads it I get an 'axis overflow error'.

Any suggestions?

That's correct. I have manually set the 'quantity to run' on the main screen to 500 and I still get the alarm. I even added this line at the begining of the program:

#3902=500

and it kicks up an additional alarm.

The alarm book points to an axis movement problem. Doesn't make sense. I've got a call in to Mazak Support and am waiting for them to call back.

Have you tried maybe just setting the max count on the main screen and then see if the M30(or M2) in the program rolls the counter? In other words, instead of having variables in the program to actually add the "1" to the counter, see if the machine ladder is already set to count at M30. So, take out the #3901 and #3902 usage in the program.

Just throwing rocks at it here.... I don't use the machine counter.

Typically, I don't use the counter either because most of our parts have 5 to 7 minute cycles so you only get like 75 parts a day and when you stack them up it's not a big deal to take a count. However, I have a handful of jobs that have 30 seconds or less cycle (one is 8 seconds) and the parts are small and just tossed into a box, so having to hand count them at the end of the day is a pain.

Anyway, I've not tried to see if the M30 or M2 triggers the counter (which I suspect it would) because I'm trying this on two horizontals and one vertical that has a pallet changer. The programs are just repeating constantly; pallet change, run program, pallet change, run program, ect. So there is no end of program. Hence the need to put it in the program.

Mazak hasn't called me back yet. I'm going to try to get thru again today. There's got to be a simple solution.

I have the same problem you have. M30 doesnt increment the counter in EIA. I just made my own counter by putting #500=#500+1 before the M30 or M99. Just set it to zero before you start running.

Do you think it's a syntax problem? Maybe try removing the braces [ ] from the equation. Shooting from the hip here...
Removing the brackets, ect. will trigger a 'Syntax Alarm'. It is reading the line OK, it's just giving an axis alarm and that just doesn't make sense to me.

I have the same problem you have. M30 doesnt increment the counter in EIA. I just made my own counter by putting #500=#500+1 before the M30 or M99. Just set it to zero before you start running.
Yep, that's what I am currently doing but then you have to look at the variable screen to see where your count is. Not a big problem but still a bit of a bother when there is a 'Parts Counter' right there on the main screen.

Just run your main program as a subprogram from mazatrol.
Hadn't thought of that. It may not be pretty but I'm sure it will work.... at least until Mazak Support finds the real answer. Thanks

Back