What's new
What's new

Mazak Quick Turn 250 HP with Mazatrol PC-Fusion CNC 640t Help Needed plz help me111

M. Usman

Plastic
Hi respected members,
I bought a CNC lathe which was used! It was working fine where i saw it and i bought it and when i installed it to my workshop its software started to pop an error "404 memory limit exceed" and whole the sys (with win95) got too much slow and result no work :( I asked MAZAK but they refused to support technically. My win95 rins fine and not a single other application is installed on the pc but still very slow responce. I need to ask does anyone know what is the real problem with the machine? and is it possible to replace my CAD/CAM soft (MAZATROL ^$)T) with some custom software if yes plz tell me which one should i install??? Responce will be greatly appriciated.

We get that alarm when the controller is full, that controller has a fair amount of memory, but it is a slow controller, it is easy to get ahead of it when changing data, etc. if you dont see alot of programs in there it maybe that your programs in the 8000's and 9000's are locked. we have ours setup like that. these are our custom macros, and other machine programs. when we use a very large program we will sometimes have to run it from the hard drive, but i cannot imagine a lathe program being that large. as far as replacing your software, with custom software, I havent heard of this, but we did have a hard drive go on 1 of our machines, and the new hard drive came in with mazatrol already loaded on the drive

"mazak does not refuse to support machines"
They may be slow, they may be expensive, but they don't refuse. Sometimes you just have to keep calling 'em.

A word of caution....be careful when you start moving files around. Note WHERE you found them, so you can put them back if something stops working or acts weird. It's also a good idea to back up to an external drive or floppy in case you do something dumb....like I'm prone to do.

I've got a Fusion 640T running under Win95. I'm amazed it runs at all.

Note WHERE you found them, so you can put them back if something stops working or acts weird.
Good idea... I think we're all "prone" to some degree.... ;)

But I'm thinking all you have to do is move the program files to clear up some memory. You can do this with the control itself and not go into Windows. Fusion already has folders set up to use as "Standard Program" or "Backup Program". Standard folder is for the operating programs. The backup is for storage. You can move these files around from the Program Files page of Mazatrol (Directory Select, Transfer buttons). This will minimize accidentally dropping programs into the wrong folders by using Windows Explorer.

:D

Hi all respected members!
Thanx for your responce you kool people May God Bless you but i need to tell u that i bought this machine from some one else i did not buy it directly from mazak. So when i askd them to help me they just said oh sorry u r not a legle buyer of this machine so we cannot help you the problem is that i did not get any documentation with the machine:( I have spent lot of money :( to start a new bussiness but still im in great loss :( ( . NO additional programs are installed on the pc only mazatrol and win95 lots of mb free in the drive and i have yes allocated about 200 mb virtual memory to win95. I think it was an error of Memory (RAM) so i increased virtual memory for paging yet no reponce. :( ((( I was thinking that the software has been currupted so i asked mazak to give me a cd (for money) of mazatrol but still they didnt i found on internet mazatrol pc-fusion 640t software nothing. But today i have reached a page http://www.robotic-solutions.com/pdf/OpenCNCdata.pdf where it is written (plz see this page bobw, shawn, fizzissist, psychomill, psychomill and wippin' boy all u people) and tell me is it possible that i install a fresh windows on my pc and install open CNC software will it support my pc (with an NC card) ? in the end thanx to all of u nice people who tried to help me but i am looking for your more responce if u like to help a poor soul :( Thanx a lot again all u kind people and bye bye. Usman

...i bought this machine from some one else i did not buy it directly from mazak. So when i askd them to help me they just said oh sorry u r not a legle buyer of this machine so we cannot help you the problem is that i did not get any documentation with the machine:
That still doesn't matter. The reason for the documentation is that Mazak tracks all of their machines. This allows them to know what machine you have, options purchased/installed, parts info (by model, serial number and year), etc. I would get the machine docs from whoever you purchased it from. You should have them anyway. Then maybe a bill of sale or something that supports the fact you purchased the machine from someone else. As said before, Mazak will give you the service... just got to have all the info. Now, maybe the Mazak service center you're dealing with overseas has some different rules about this.... but I seriously doubt it.

Back to the control, you could re-install the OS but that would wipe out and/or cause the control to not function. So, I wouldn't do it. As far as installing some other control software.... I suppose anything is possible and it might work... but Mazatrol is a very powerful control. I wouldn't change that.

How old is the machine? The early versions of Fusion did have some hard drive problems and the drive iteself would go bad or corrupt data. Later, Mitsubishi began insulating the drive and built a more shock resistant box to prevent this. You can't buy a "Mazatrol" install CD. The way it works is you send Mazak the info on your machine, a copy of the version page, options info, parameter info,... anything you can give them. They'll build a new drive for you and send that to you with a new HR113 card.

They are ways to recover the original install from the existing hard drive, but it gets pretty involved to decribe it over the internet. I suggest getting all of the docs together like I mentioned before, then call back Mazak and tell them you've purchased this machine and have the docs to support it. Then have them get a service person to come out and check it out and diagnose the problem. Thats the best bet... I'd hate to have you start changing a bunch of things and end up with more problems or a completely dead machine...

:D :D

psycho is right....do NOT attempt to install a "fresh OS" on the machine. You'll end up with a $160,000(US)platform for playing minesweeper.

Installing a fresh OS on your own pc is fine and dandy. But the Win95 kernel in the Mazak ain't the same thing. The OpenCNC software would be great for a retrofit, but not your machine.

I'd highly recommend struggling through your problems to make the control work the way it did from the factory. I've retrofitted a 4axis mill, and would do it again. I wouldn't try and retrofit a Mazak, especially an SQT.

Mazak is some times slow to respond but don't wipe mazatrol what I do is go to mitsubishi for all of my control system problems first also mits. has a very good web site with repair down loads try it meau.com

DO NOT GET RIDE OF MAXATROL!!!!!!!!!

----"sorry u r not a legle buyer of this machine"-----
here is the key guy's
this machine is grey market
was not legally imported/exported yadayada some legal crap.
mac is a worldly kinda dealer/servicer he could maybe explain
but my guess this guy is screwed
there are some overseas machine with mazatrol in them that aren't even mazak machine tools they can't be sold legally out side there country of origan.
you can buy them if you want
but you better be able to support them or your screwed

Hmmmmm....
Mazak has 6 distributors in India....but I find nothing in Pakistan...

Given that Pakistan and India aren't real buddy-buddy, maybe there's some business politics going on. Since the U.S. has been selling Pakistan military hardware, I don't think there's a technology issue. ...unlike the tech embargos to China and others...

"..this machine is grey market
was not legally imported/exported yadayada some legal crap..."

Chinese counterfeit maybe??? That would be stretching it, but then, nothing would surprise me.

If half the stuff is built in China in the first place, simple matter to just assemble a few on the side...for some extra profit.

HI Respected members
Let me share me the facts. I bought those machines from USA they were running there when i bought them and tranfered them (there were 2 milling and two lath cnc's)to pakistan. The reason why mazak is not supporting me is that they say that those machines had been registered in USA andd they were "not for pakistan" Even US govt has taken two of my milling machines back while i got the permission fro court to have 2 laths:( the reason of such bans is the precision of those machines. Now when i started the work same prob i asked the former owner to help me he just sent me a norton ghost file to restore the application control soft + windows. But i think some one while sending this machine has intentionally currupted both the image file and the running soft. :( The reason why i think like that is that there were many buyers of those machines when it was being sold and bcoz of my personal relationship the fomer owner gave those machines to me and i think some of the other candidates (some were from the same organization where machines were running) yes created all this prob! now in my opinion , the only way to correct the problem is to "reinstall" the software (not the ghost restoration) but no cd available of MAZATROL 640T. This is why i have started to think on other lines yes some custom (3rd party) software. NOw assess the whole situation and plz tell me am i right in my conclusion (changing soft) and which one if yes should i use and if some one knows how to get a mazatrol 640t executable bundle for downloading plz tell me i will always remember u people! Thanx

The only other software that is going to run that machine is Mitsubishi 500/520. Even that would be like applying 3rd grade logic to a college entrance exam.

I'm at a loss to understand why anyone would buy used machines in the U.S. and ship 'em to the other side of the world....and not check in advance the availability of parts/service. Even if you got one helluva deal!

Switching the OS means reloading all those weird parameters, and unless you've got all the manuals, you won't have a clue what software address connects with what relay....

I think you're close in the analogy...but I'd spin it this way. You're going to need college entrance exam intelligence to end up with a 3rd grade application.

All too bad, since it sounds like it should be a simple software fix.

as speculated
days ago
there's more to this than meets the eye
----"the reason of such bans is the precision of those machines."-----
this is a transfer of tech. thing
those machines are not supposed to be in his hands
he is screwed unless he can retro or bootleg the control
he surely knew this when he bought them
but he thought they would slip under the customs people and didn't.
tuff sht
don't play if you can't pay
one less outsource paying 3 dollars a day to it's operator to contend with

Take a look in folder c:\\Ncbackup. Should contain Mazatrol main-b if the latest version up was done correct.

Most likely you should perform a SRAM clear procedure.
Check homepage of mitsubishi to find out how.
Remember all tool data, cutting condition, Plc ladder aso will be erased. Make sure you have a copy of this.

Balder

Back