What's new
What's new

Matrix, will it be on all models ?

SND

Diamond
Hi, as the title says. Will the new Matrix controler be put on all models once more proven?

From what I could read on the new Matrix system, it appears to be mostly for complex operation, probably mostly for their Integrex. But will they be putting the Matrix on basic Lathes also?

thanks

Hi snd, i have just completed today a training course at mazak europes h.q. in worcester u.k.
Earlier in the week i asked if with the launch of the matrix controller would it be possible for a customer to order a new machine and specify that it be delivered with 640mt pro controller so as to retain consistancy in their workshop.
The answer i was given was that a limited number of these would be retained for such purposes but when all of them had been sold then only the matrix system would be available.
Whether or not this also refers to 2 axis lathes i am unsure but the impression i got was that the 640mt would soon become obsolete.

Thank you, good to know. We're looking at getting 2 brand new mazaks and I'll make sure that we specify to get the Matrix controler. We probably won't buy the machines for 6 months to a year from now, so hopefully the matrix will be standard by then.

U.K. is correct. The Matrix is the big boss for the e-Machines and Integrex's but will eventually be the across-the-board control.

We ordered a Slant Turn 60N a few weeks ago. It will arrive in September with the 640 control. Was told that if we had waited for the next available machine out of assmebly it would be January delivery and the control would be a Matrix.

Back