What's new
What's new

backup battery part number?

D. Rey

Titanium
I called Mazak to get a relacement backup battery for a QT8 with a t2 control. The guy on the other end of the line tells me he does not know the part number and can't look it up. I love brick walls.

Anyone know the part number? I don't see it listed in the parts manual. In fact there are no part numbers for any control components listed there.

The guy at the Mits place found it for me. I had called some other MEAU number I had found on their website.

Thanks Whippin boy.

BTW the part number(s):

Mits C0307

Mazak GB150

Go find a local supplier for these batteries. The battery, clips and wires are all readily available stuff. Here in the Bay Area, we have several suppliers who "build" batteries such as these. They are only a fraction of the cost of buying one from Mazak, Mitsubishi, Fanuc or anyone else for that matter..

The one thing to think about....

If you only have one or a few machines, the cost impact may not be that bad. We have over 100 CNCs and dozens of Mazaks. Newer Mazaks with the Fusion control and MRJ-2 drives can have upwards of 6 or more batteries per machine, depending on the number of axis in control. On top of that with 3 or 4 on a Fanuc machine, a few on Yasnac machines, a couple on Haas..... the dollar adds up quick. I save a ton of money every year on batteries buy NOT buying from the machine builder.

Just food for thought.....

I have to vote for building your own. We run Mazak QT 30's and the battery from Mazak is something like $98.00 per. We retrofitted with a battery case for a few bucks and buy our batteries online for $6 - $10 each.

save money good
but you have a limited amount of time
i don't know what it is
to replace the battery in these old t-2 machines
once you have one in your hand by all means take it to batteries plus and save your money.
but i suggest against pulling the battery, leaving the card lay on the bench and going for a drive
it may be a bit of a bother reloading your lost electrons.
maybe not
it is your choice

Got my battery today. Looked in the control cab and hey....there are three of the things, one each on three different control cards. Each looks like three coin batteries laid side to side. Someone should have told me I needed three of 'em. :D

I'm taking my Mazak brand 50 dollar version to batteries plus in the mornin, get a couple copies made.

Back