What's new
What's new

MEASURMENT

ADEL

Plastic
HEY GUYS,

I HAVE A PROBLEM WITH MAZAK MACHINE,I AM DOING ON TUBES WITH MAZAK LATHE.THE PRBLEM WHEN I OFFSET THE TOOL IN Z AXIS,SOMETIMES IT CUTS MORE,and somtimes it cuts short . FOR THE TUBE IS LONG I CAN DO IT AGAIN AND CHANGING THE OFFSET,but for the short parts ,they are scrap,I REALLY I DO not konw what to do.WE USE A STOPPER AS REFERENCE TO THE PART ZERO
THANCKS GUYS

Are you using collets?
If you are, Did you check to see if the diameter of the tubing is the same for all the parts. If the diameter is varying, then the length will vary as well.

Thancks TIM,

YA, WE USE A COLLET TO HOLD THE PART,AND WE CHECK THEIR DIAMETER,THE PROBLEM WHEN WE MEASURE THE TUBE HAVE DIFFERENT MEASURES WHEN WE FLIP IT AROUND. SO WE ARE NOT SURE WHERE IS THE PROBLEM.IS IT THE JAWS,THE TURRENT IS NOT SQUARE?NOBODY KNOW.

Well, if the diameters are different, you are going to vary on the length. You'll have to go through your diameters and seperate them and adjust to compensate.

If if the tubes are short enough you can load them from the front (inside the machine)instead of from the back of the machine thus allowing you to rig up a positive stop from the back of the machine inside the spindle tube, been there done that!
nothing like a positive stop for length repeatability :D , try it you'll like it

Back