What's new
What's new

Set up tail stock

ADEL

Plastic
hey guys,

can anyone explain how to set the tail stock in mazak machine [t32],and is there any M code related to that in the prgram.

Thancks guys;I apprecite your help

I am not exactly sure what you are trying to set up with the tailstock. There are several things you can do.
1. Manually move it into and out of position with the switches on the control.
2. or Set up M codes in your program to do that for you.
The M codes are as followed:
M31 tail body forward
M32 tail body reverse.
M10 tailbody connect
M11 tailbody unconnect.
Some of the machines uses limit switches to control the stop position of your tailbody.
Depending on the model of the machine the functions will vary. Some machines use the Z-axis to move the tail body. Some of them are self driven via chain.
On the set-up page you can also teach the tailstock to set a barrier. If your parameters are set correctly, all you have to put in is the length of your quill and if it is used or not, and a reference position of the tailstock.

BUT WHAT THE DIFFERNECE BETWEEN
M31AND M10
ALSO THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN
M32 AND M11. THEY LOOK THE SAME.I AM RIGHT?

Tail body connect and disconnect are for the larger lathes that do not have a chain driven tailstock. Some of the larger ones like the slant turn 50's you have to use the turret to move it around. For a Quickturn you will use:

M31: That will drive the tailstock forward and fire the quill I hope this helps.
M32: Will return both.

Make sure you have the stop on your tailstock ways set.

Hope this helps
Tim

hey guys,

how to put theses codes in the program when i want to use the tailstock for machining the part

thancks

I usually insert a manual process and first tell my turret to get out of the way by giving a x axis position for safey, and then put in my M-Code.
You can also hit the M-Code Soft key and then enter in the code you want at the beginning of the program to engage your tailstock and then at the end tell it to disengage. If you are not sure on your M-codes put your control in test mode and enter in various M-codes and hit the green button and see what the machine does with your finger on the reset button just in case. Also, if you have your machine manuals you can look in the electrical book for a list of M-codes that are valid for the specific machine you have. It is better to look in this book b/c the other books are general to just the control type and not the machine type.
Hope this helps.

Back