What's new
What's new

any source to learn mazatrol?

TXClark

Plastic
I started working at an area shop back in february (medical device stuff mainly) and still have not had much time to learn how to setup the programs on our mazak lathes (Fusions and T Plus). The lead guys here have pretty large work loads lately and it seems like I may never get a chance to go over it with them.

I've looked around online and have not found much. I can do some basic setups on the machine (tooling and fixtures etc) but they will usually have the program already and I just run the job and on to the next one afterwards. I'm eager to learn but get confused the few times I've looked over their shoulders to watch.

any info leading me in the right direction is greatly appreciated! Need one of those idiot's guides to mazatrol ;)

TXClark, take a look at www.mastertask.com
They advertise training specific to Mazak. I have not tried any of their training aids. We have several Mazak T-plus and Fusion machines here and I can relate on how hard it is to learn the "tricks" of using them. Good luck and if you find something really great be sure to pass it on.

The only Mazatrol I have used is on an M2 equipped H400 Horizontal Machining center. The basics:
WPC = workpiece coordinate system, like a G54 in Fanuc
Unit # - Like an N# in fanuc, but everything in Mazatrol can be explained as a canned cycle

Tools - the ID's in my M2 are crazy....you call the type, dia, and a letter designation if there are several similar.

If you want to run G code, its a "manual process", or a call subroutine. Not bad if you dive in and know what you want to do.

TXClark

My advise would be to read the Mazatrol Programming manual. You can practice writing programs at the control while the machine is running parts. When you have questions post them on this new forum. You will get answers here to your questions. http://integrexmachinist.com/

Integrex lathe work is about the same as there other QuickTurns.

Mazatrol on a lathe is really great, but if you are working with a machining center, Mazatrol is a bit limited and programming in G-code or with a CAM system will give you more control over your program and make life much better in the end.

Mazatrol on a lathe is really great, but if you are working with a machining center, Mazatrol is a bit limited and programming in G-code or with a CAM system will give you more control over your program and make life much better in the end.

Back