What's new
What's new

Re-initialize parameters

mtty

Plastic
Hello ,
I have a Mazak T1 control and because of discharging batteries i lost the machine parameters . So when I try to start up the machine has the alarms :
14 ROM 1 fault
18 ROM 3 fault
and then shuts down the CPU .
How can I enter the program manually to reinitialize machine parameters ( I have them on a list )

Our regional Mazak Service Department recently faxed us Mazak Service Bulletin 0989-002, dated September 19, 1989, and entitled "How to Re-Initialize a T2/T3 Control". Prior to receiving that, we were exactly where you are - totally without the simple secrets of re-initialization.
After the fax, it took about 5 minutes to fix get the NC up and the errors eliminated.

From our interaction with the Mazak Service people, we came to believe that this service bulletin was on the company server. Hopefully, the same exists for your T1 control. Obviously, it would be worth the effort to contact Mazak Service; they provided the above mentioned Service Bulletin to us without charge.

Mazak Service is pretty well swamped vis-a-vis the great number of Mazak's in usage and the enormous variety of machine's that their service people must know about. My guess is that they are now happy to assist people with older machines to fix things themselves.

And time has moved on. When the T1 came out, most users were intimidated by NC controls, dip switches, and terms like "parity error". Today, all that has changed. Today's user has likely grown up with considerable hands-on computer and digital hardware/software experience. There is no need to keep Re-Initializing Procedures secret nor charge for them, when today there are grade schoolers who could understand the procedures and put them in effect.

outback - does following the procedure outlined in this Mazak bulletin result in wiping out all the programs stored on the machine, as well as resetting parameters? I don't have backups (long story, bought the machine and might see follow-on business from old owner so old programs might be very useful) so I'm hesitant to be too heavy handed.

okay, turns out the programs are corrupted anyhow, so I'd be happy to reset the machine and eliminate the persistent 130 alarm code (parameters M1-M12 are invalid). However, the bulletin procedure did not work for me. Now, in fact, I'm unable to modify any parameters at all... Mazak "service" said something to the effect that I should buy a different machine next time (or was it pay $1500 to get them to talk on the phone? i can't remember what they said exactly)
Does anyone have some help for the helpless? Outback - I sent you a PM.

Gus

we had to try about 5 times (this was the mistu guy doing this not just me)to get the parameters to clear in my QT 15 T2 control...before it let everything reload correctly. Try the re-intialize procedure a couple times in a row.

Re-initializing the control DOES INDEED wipe out all of the programs and parameters.
It is the only way to clear up some of the alarms you are seeing. If the procedure is done correctly, it will work. Like Jones Creek says, try a couple or 3 times. You must have the dip switches set according to the procedure, and follow it to the letter.
Mitsubishi can help when Mazak can't.
T1's and T2's only have about 5 pages of parameters, so it's easy to punch them in by hand if necessary.
Sometimes you will get an errant alarm or 2 untill all parameters are re-entered. Just power down and back up to clear these alarms once all parameters are in.

According to the service bulletin I have for an M2 control re-initialising will only cure RAM faults.ROM faults need a new board/repair.

i know this is an old post and a long shot but if you have a copy of the initialization procedure would you consider sharing it with me or posting it so we can see it , there seems to be a lot of people looking for it but no-one seems to want to share.

Parameter

Hello ,
I have a Mazak T1 control and because of discharging batteries i lost the machine parameters . So when I try to start up the machine has the alarms :
14 ROM 1 fault
18 ROM 3 fault
and then shuts down the CPU .
How can I enter the program manually to reinitialize machine parameters ( I have them on a list )

Hi I’m in search of some T1 parameters I bought a machine with battery problems any chance you could send me them please , I also have 2 alarms( 28 F Emergency Stop) and (51 Thermal Trip) any ideas?

Hi I’m in search of some T1 parameters I bought a machine with battery problems any chance you could send me them please , I also have 2 alarms( 28 F Emergency Stop) and (51 Thermal Trip) any ideas?

what machine? size? all parameters are in electrical drawing book, they are specific to configuration. You cant take just someone else numbers ant type them in manually. doesn't make any sense to troubleshoot errors until parameters are recovered, to be honest

Parameters

what machine? size? all parameters are in electrical drawing book, they are specific to configuration. You cant take just someone else numbers ant type them in manually. doesn't make any sense to troubleshoot errors until parameters are recovered, to be honest
It’s a Yamazki slant turn 15 universal 1000

Back