What's new
What's new

Parameter back up

couple ways to do it that I'm aware of.

Write them all down and enter them by hand if you lose them.

There are caps on the boards that will give you a few minutes to change batteries. Just exactly how long I don't know. I switched mine out in under 4-5 min and did not lose parameters.

Get software like camlink that allows you to save CMT info, mazatrol programs. download to disk or HDD.

I don't know if a DNC program will allow backup of mazak parameters as it is stored as a CMT file, mazak proprietary stuff. That's why you need dedicated software.

Try it though, nothing to lose.

Just go into the data I/O menu on that T2 and check parameters, then upload.

I run a 1986 QT10 with a T1. I have changed the batteries out several times in the past. All I do is turn the machine on and then replace the batteries and then leave the machine on for 24 hours after that so the new batteries can charge up. I also have a copy of the paramaters on paper just in case. I have never lost any parameters doing this type of batterie swap.

Nervis I don't know about pulling the complete board. My batteries have a pig tail on them that actualy plugs into the board.

Ah that makes sense. Mine are bolted to the boards and sandwiched between other boards, no way to get em out without pulling the board they are on.

most controls will allow you to pull mem board to remove any hardware holding batts BUT DONOT disconect battery until you plug board back in and turn on machine. again be sure to back up parameters,macros programs offsets ect. saves a lot of heartache. This info only works if your battery has enough juice to keep mem with board out

Back