What's new
What's new

TPC

TPC is an override function for programming. You can adjust the tool path to go around things like the tail stock and diameters. You can also change the rotate position for the turret, and change clearances. Warning: it's not for the faint of heart, and if you don't know what your doing, more than likely you'll crash the machine. Advanced Programmers only!!! Consider yourself warned.

Use TPC (tool path control) when you want to learn how to reset the turret and impress the other guys in the shop with scary noises. Like vantim said, Advanced Programmers only!!

You might want to stick with the simple manual programming option using plain ole G codes if you really need to customize a toolpath or movement.

Tpc isn't that scary. Ive been using it for years and never crashed the machine. To begin with though I would shift the z-offset away from the chuck and run the program if I wasn't sure about things. It is a very handy tool but just be careful.

TPC or Tool Path Control is simply that. I'ts an option to allow a tool to enter or engage a part at a specified location and exit at a specified location. Not scary.

Darrin

Yeah, It's not scary when you know what you're doing. I've seen some mighty big crashes as a result of using TPC. If you do know what you're doing, it's a lifesaver. If you use it, just make sure you really pay attention to your toolpath in simulation. That's all.

You can also alter certain user parameters. Though before you did I would consult the books to make sure what you change is what you want. This also works on milling centers since you didn't specify what type of machine you were working on.

i use my tpc function when i need to put a big bar in a little hole and don't have room to back up in x. you can cut down the clearance and retracts to nothing and slide out without a problem. but be careful, it is very easy to decapitate your favorite boring bar. :(

Back