What's new
What's new

Mazak E 1060

MFGGuru

Plastic
Anyone have any experience with the Mazak E 1060 V8 or V6. I am considering these for an FMS.

I've been in two different shops running palletech e1060's and one running several standalones. The guy running standalones is wishing he had invested in Palletech as well.

We have an 1850e and have had the odd bad experiance like the two vertical columns becoming out of alingment with one another.We had to wait for guys to come from Japan.Otherwise it has been great. We have really bad services here in NZ. So bad I definately wouldnt advise anybody to buy a Mazak. Fantastic machines, I have used for 13 years and currently running 730 variaxis with matrix controller.Great machine. But no after sale service and totally no training. Cant even get help from Australia as we must go through our own crap service men.

The company I worked for has one e1060 v6 and a e800. These machines have reduced our setup time, production time and number of operations for our parts tremendously. We are getting another 1060 this year. We've had great success with these machines. We also run everything in mazatrol so it is easy to program.

We have a 1060e twin pallet machine.
few things to watch out for.
The Z axis column alignment, if you have a bang check the alignment before continuing to use the machine. We found ours to be out by 0.80mm over 300mm in both Y,B axis :(

Watch out for the 2nd conveyor internally when turning parts, they dont like stringy swarf and tend to get carried underneath the conveyor which in turn burns out the motor (cost £2000 to replace) we are on our second one now!!!
had a few issue with the tool changer arm maulfuntioning, nothing Mazak couldnt sort out.

Make sure invest in the through coolant option 100/60/40 bar pressure

Mazak service respone is as always very slow.
Apart from all the above, im having a great time trying get my head round it all

Have seen some standalone E1060v8 & E1550v10 here in Aus. Excellent machines - cut customer's cycle times by 1/4. Customer also wished he bought FMS or palletec system. Support in Aus is a problem though. Constantly rely on Jap service tecs & apps support via email from Japan. No E1850's in Aus that I know of yet.

Back