What's new
What's new

help with tornado bore

rodney1

Plastic
I am using a mazak vtc200b milling center, I am trying to learn how to tornado bore holes. I have got started but am unshure if I am doing it all right. I am using a .750 three insert valenite square shoulder mill. I started with a .810 drilled hole and am going out to 2.5 in. I have to write seperate unit numberts every .300. I cannot figure how to get it to feed over, if I put in the 2.5 it goes all the way to 2.5 and starts there insted of taking three or four passes. The other is how much can I feed down on the pitch cycle and how fast should my speeds and feeds be? I am very new to the cnc world and need help.

Thank you for any help
rodney

Rodney

If your set on using the tornado cycle you got it right. You can not program with mazatrol your hole in one unit if you want to use the tornado cycle. The tornado cycle always starts at the dia you tell it. You could use a pocket unit then you could start at .810 and step out to 2.5. Then use the tornado to finish.

As for speeds and feeds what is the material and how deep is the hole? Also does it have a bottom or is it a though hole?

The steel is a36 plate and grade 50 plate 1 to 2 inches thick and the hole goes through. I might have to leave a .050 thick piece in the bottom but it's supposed to go through.

Back