What's new
What's new

Lost parameters

romy

Plastic
We bought a Mazak 20/40 B at an auction 2 years ago and finally got around to hooking it up.Upon starting the machine up it would just run away. We found out that the parameters were missing due to the batteries drained down from sitting too long without power.This machine was running the day it was bought so I know that the machine works. We have replaced the batteries but have been unable to find the parameter sheets that are normally in the power cabinet. The business we bought the machine from is no longer around so next we contacted Mazak and gave them all the info i.e. serial number, manufacturing date, etc. but after a couple weeks they were unable to help. They said that this machine was built in Japan in 1983 and those records may have been discarded. What would be the difference if I would put the parameters in from a 20/60 T2 machine with a similar control.?
If anyone could help, it would be greatly appreciated.
Mike & Pat

parameters from a simiar machine would be a good starting point if u have access to them. Your control may require a ram clear to initialize the machine memory before you enter the parameters. Mazak would have a copy of some parameters that would suit but they are probably just fobbing u off because u did not but the machine from them. What is the exact machine model number.

You also may be able to contact Mitsubishi Electric. They keep all of there service reports back from 25 years ago. If they can't find parameters for your machine then they may be able to find one for the same model machine. They will usually help you out in how to load the parameters as well. It's worth a shot.
847-478-2500

Back