What's new
What's new

Starting at a specific line no# in EIA

cnc wizard

Aluminum
What steps must be taken in order to start at a specific line number / tool number? The machine is an H-400 with a Mazatrol M-32 control. The program is in EIA.

From the EIA Monitor page, page down to where you want to the tool you want to start from. Move the cursor to the first line at the tool call or N line (however you have the start up line programmed). Press the far right page soft key until you see "Restart Nonmodal". Press that and the line will highlight. The machine will start from there.

If you jump out of the EIA monitor page before starting though, you'll lose this start place so be sure to cycle start first, then change pages.

Now, skip starting the program (like cursoring down with FANUC) is a real PITA, its much easier to just type in a GOTO statement real quick, then take it out.

Hmmm--

I've got 3 H-400's with M-32 controls and NONE of them have the "EIA MONITOR" button. The EIA MONITOR is available on our M-Plus controls and it is so much easier than the M32's.

To restart at a given line number on our M-32 controls, the following procedure is followed:

In "MEMORY" mode, choose the "RESTART" softkey at the far right. The first prompt will ask for the Program Number. This can be the current program number or a subprogram number. The next prompt will ask for the Sequence Number that you want to start at. Enter the line number and you will be prompted for the Block Number. In most cases this will be a zero. The last prompt will be for Repititions or Loops or something like that. Again, this is almost always a zero. Once you press enter a new option will appear under the softkeys - "EIA SEARCH". Press it and it will search the program for the criteria you entered. WAIT. Sometimes this takes 5 or 10 seconds. Press "START" and off she goes.

Sometimes I get the alarm "FEEDRATE ZERO" if all of the needed modal commands are not called at the Line Number that it is trying to start at. In that case, I "RESET" then press the JOG key and run the JOG feedrate to the max (80 ipm). Then back to memory mode and RESTART softkey and re-enter all the info at the prompts. The machine will position itself at the last position before the line you requested (at a slow 80 ipm) and then take off.

Hope this helps.

go to monitor,program monitor select the line you want or search for the tool number, and then press select and you should be good to go, at least thats how it worked on our H400N at my last shop.

Mfassler-

That is correct - and much easier - than the method that I described...... but it only works on an H400N! We've had 2 H400N's and although they had the same M-32 control as the H400's they did have a few extra features turned on. I've not yet seen an H400 with the PROGRAM MONITOR softkey.

Back