What's new
What's new

Mazak FH4800 tool probe fault

mtmiddleton

Plastic
Hi

Can anyone help ??

We have a FH4800 (Year 2000) on a Fastems Pallet systems with CPC tool management.

About 3 to 4 times a day the Mazak will stop during the tool length probe cycle.
It just sits there not moving and has to be reset manaully.

We have disconected the fastems systems and the CPC to eliminate those as possible causes and the Machine still just stops.

This fault has destroyed our un-maned nightshift and Mazak seem unable to resolve it.

Please help

MM

Hi Psycomill

No we don't get any errors and the machine is not in the feed hold state.

Mazak have today sent in a Mitsubishi Engineer to look at the PLC software as a possible cause, but as of 1-00pm he had not resolved the problem.

Thanks
MM

This may sound crazy but check the electrical ground for the machine.

If you can measure any spurious voltage on the machine itself you have probably found the problem.

Make absolutely sure that the power to machine is stable.

Hi

Thanks for the suggestion. We will test the voltage to earth and let you know.

Did you have a similar problem to ours ????

rgds
MM

Not like this specific case.

However, I have has somewhat similar problems.
I had nothing but problems with several Machines in Mexico City.
The problem was traced to a poor ground.

Whenever a problem like this occurs, on a system that otherwise functioned well for a long time, look for an electrical problem first.

All these utility systems run at low voltage so it doesn't take much to cause a fault and disrupt a circuit.

I find it hard to believe that the PLC would be an issue if it ran fine for an extended period and then all of the sudden there is a problem.

This just recently happened to our fh4800. I believed we cleaned up the probe and all the contacts.

Back