What's new
What's new

Mazak suspends new "Service Charge Policy"

Well, guys.... after much debate with many OEM suppliers and Mazak themselves, they have suspended the part/service policy discussed here. Here the letter received from Mazak on this:

mazak-service-charge.jpg

The voices were heard... for now.. :cool:

We'll see how this goes and will be keeping an eye on this I'm sure.....

:D :D

I wonder if it would have anything to do with Mitutoyo getting in trouble over selling some equipment to North Korea and Iran. Maybe Mazak also got a warning or decided to keep better track before they get in trouble too?

I just don't see the connection to WMD's beyond that. Considering that there's probably thousands or CNC machines used for exactly that in the US. Which brings another question. If someone in say Iran needed a part for his Mazak, whatever it may be used for and paid that $3000 fee. Would they go get his machine since he's not really allowed to have it and now they finaly know where its located? or is it "now that the bombs have exploded, we can go look at all these registered machines and see which one may have built the bombs ?"

Or is its just another reason to get money out of everyone with only BS to support it? They'd be better of saying " we need that $3000 for R&D so that we can make our future equipment better/faster and help your business crush all the competition ". ( I hope they don't read this, it may be a good idea )

I ran into the $3,000.00 problem 3 years ago . I got around it by getting parts from my "LOCAL&INDEPENDENT REPAIR GUY" he gets parts @cost for me so long as I use him all the time, it works out great.
( I needed an electrical harness to hook up a secomd coolant pump to my mazak, they wanted $1,800.00 for it, the guy I use, put one together for me for $180.00)

Back