What's new
What's new

Mazak/Mitsubishi Servo Amp needed

Dermako

Plastic
Our Mazak VTC-16B lost a Mitsubishi servo amp (spindle) and after a week of dealing with both Mazak and Mitsubishi with no luck, I'm desperate. We need a MDS-B-V24-3520 Mitsubishi servo amp. Mazak does not have one. Mitsubishi had a reconditioned unit but it arrived DOA. Neither Mazak nor Mitsubishi seem overly concerned and at this point I am starting to get very much concerned. Anyone with a source that might be able to help. We have called several (4)supposed resellers and only one has called us back to reply.
Thanks
James

I may be wrong but the number is not spindle drive but a servo drive the 3520 stands for 3.5/2.0 kw
like x/y drive I would stick with mits. but I know J.R. in Grapevine is off next week so call Mich and Dawane in Alanta I'am new to post but I will try to get you my number and e mail so you can call me for there numbers also I think there is a ver C that will replace this drive and newer drives often cost less or the same is old drive.

Did you deal with Mitsubishi directly in Chicago? We had a spindle drive go down on a screw machine, and they rebuilt it (they said they have a set price of $1200 to rebuild drives). It went bad after a few weeks and they had me test a bunch of stuff on it but they did take it back and fixed it again. That was a year or so ago, it's been working fine since.

Aside from the unit going bad, they were real easy to deal with the whole time. They even faxed schematics and explained test procedures over the phone for me, and helped me verify the parameters when we got it back.

Mitsubishi is the source to stick with. Funny thing though, they often need a 2nd try to get the rebuild right on a servo or spindle drive.
Car 84 is right, a newer letter version drive will work. Even a drive with one or both axis' rated larger will work, like a 3535 instead of 3520. These are the respective kw ratings for each axis. 2 individual drives would work as well...Mitsubishi should be able to help you with this route if you want.
Greg

Thanks for the reply.
Maybe the upcoming holidays, but Mits. is not being overly helpful. I inherited this from purchasing and am dealing with an apparent newbie that is obviously reading from a troubleshooting flow chart. I am not talking to the right person, but do not know who I need to be talking too. The upgrade drive or newer version subject has never been brought up. I will investigate this further. Car84 I'll give you a call. Many thanks and I will update you.

With information gained from Car 84, I called Mitsubishi service center (678) 258-4529 and talked to Jeremy. He was amazed that nobody made any more effort to solve our problem. He then checked the system to find a MDS-B-V24-3535 and verified stock. The MDS-B-V24-3520 will cross to a MDS-C series and to a MDS-B(or C)-3535. Next step up is a larger chasis size and could cause install difficulty. Servo Amp arrived next day and was plug and play.
Did make a minor gain adjustment at SV05, but was otherwise a flawless swap.

Back