What's new
What's new

mazak optimizer

The way I read that is that the software is just an example. As they put it, a "demonstration". I don't believe that its the actual Optimizer. I know for sure they wouldn't hand out the entire optimizer library.

The Optimizer has been around for quite a few years in the U.S. I'm surprised that Mazak UK doesn't know about it... in fact, I seriously question that. All of the factory techs should have a copy of the library and use them. In particular, the guys carrying around laptops. That's how the Optimizer started out its life. Too many shops without the machine books. Plus, for the techs, it contains far more detailed data on many machines.

Now, if I remember the story correctly, the Optimizer was first put together by a guy here in the US at Kentucky. But I definately would have assumed that the other service centers outside of the US would have their versions of it.

Cost is hard to say. Could be 1000 bucks, +/- 500. It depends on the machine and I'm guessing. Since you're outside of the country, there may be some other charges associated with it. If I were you, I would try and contact the regional service manager for Mazak UK. If he/she doesn't know anything about it, then have them get in touch with the National Service manager at Kentucky, USA. Maybe they can arrange something for shipment to you. Even better, maybe they (UK) can put together their own Optimizer for their techs and distribution.

Good luck.

PS: by the way, not many people know about the Optimizer Library over here either....

Thanks for your responses psychomill. I have found a guy on e-bay who can source one. By the by if you type mazak optimizer pdf into google a **** load of their online database becomes available as single pdf files, but you need a password to get right into the site. Thanks again

I know about the site. That's the online site for tech and service people to use if they don't carry the optimizer CDs, or have it installed on their service laptop. Some techs who has some of the older versions may also need it for different machines or newer machines that they may be working on.

Good Luck with ebay... you know how that can be. I think though, it would also be worth it to hit up Mazak UK on getting the copies at least for themselves. Comes in real handy....

:D

Back