What's new
What's new

H-15B "B" Axis

newguy81

Plastic
I'd like to say thanks to everyone who sent emails or made phone calls to Mazak about the proposed registration fee. I talked to Papke in person at IMTS and he told me that the phone support didn't make them any money and the used guys were taking up to much of their time. If I bought a new machine though there would better results for me. I called him on that one for sure (BS). They dont' pay there help enough to keep them, if they are any good at all they go out on there own.

With that said, Does anyone know if there is a parameter that controls the direction of the "B" axis on an H-15B. I have two of them and one goes one way and the other is just the opposite. It makes swapping programs a pain in the ass. Any insite would be greatly apprecitated.

Joe

M-2, 1 degree indexer. Not sure what version the software is. Where can I look?

Thanks,

Joe

Don't need the actual software version... just the version of the control (M2). With a one degree indexer machine, the parameter for index direction doesn't work (its for full 4th machines). I'll double check, but I'm pretty sure its the same on the M2 control. I'll have to dig up the old books (I haven't used a M2 for more years than I can count).

BUT, you should be able to "force" the opposite direction of rotation by M code. Try using a M42 (reverse index rotation) with your B axis command. That should make your table turn the other direction.

:D

Sorry, I can command the direction no problem. The machine differ in location. i.e. B90 is ccw on one machine and cw on the other. Checked the M/T controller parameters yesterday, but didn't see anything that talked about direction and finally got to talk to Mazak yesterday, they had no idea how to explain it. One guy said it's not possible for that to happen. I must not be able to see anymore either. Thanks for your help.

Joe

Which Mazak center do you deal with? Or is it a vendor?

At any rate.... I get it now. You're axis direction is backwards. Yes this is possible. It's not a parameter though, its a motor/drive issue. It sounds like the reference voltage from the drive is off or wired backwards (so to speak). Have a tech take a look at that. If the voltage is off (which can cause the driver to fire a "negative command" to the motor), it will move the B axis the other way.

Not sure on all of the exact details to check for it or the fix (I'm not the mechanic here). I just know this can happen.... been there, done that. I can get more info on it if you need it.

No that's fine. That makes the most since to me. I will have my tech look at it next time he is here. If that's the case it should be a very easy fix. I have to use the Houston center. I sent an email to Papke about the horrible service over the last couple of years, he told me to buy a new machine and they would do better. Hell if I had the money for a new 8800 or Integrex 400 they don't even have any to sell. Time to get off my soap box. Thanks for your help, it will make my life a lot easier if I get that fixed.

Joe

We (large shops with Mazaks) have been battling the service issues for a few years as well. New machines don't make any difference. I have some and I'm looking to add some 10800s right now. But, hopefully they're (Mazak) going to change some of the current service issues. I've had several meetings with them and so far, its looking promising. But, talk is cheap..... we'll see.

:D

Back