What's new
What's new

Anyone out there use(d) a Multiplex?

amb132

Plastic
I'm looking into purchasing a Multiplex 6250 to make adapter fittings that all require double operations. Before I hand over $300,000 of the owners money I was wondering if anyone had any feedback on the Multiplex, good or bad.

Obviously the Mazak sales guy says it is the greatest machine ever built and will not only make every part I want to 0.0000001" tolerance in 1.23 seconds, it'll also make donuts and coffee at the same time, but i'd like a second opinion

Specific questions I have are:
Is there ever a problem with changing the part from one chuck to the other?

I have a few long plastic parts that I am thinking about holding in both chucks and get them to spin simultaneously as i need more support than a live center or steady rest, Anyone tried this?

Any maintainence problems?

Is there any other brands out there worth considering? I'm looking for high quality with price not being so much of a factor.

Any other thoughts and comments would be appreciated too. I'm pretty new to this whole "real world" thing (recent grad) so i'd rather not stuff up my first big machine purchase.

Thanks in advance

For the cost of the Multiplex, you'd get a lot more flexibility out of an Integrex with the lower turret and sub spindle, like the Integrex 100-IV ST. The cycle time won't be as fast, but you'll be capable of doing SO much more, and the milling is significantly better.

I looked into an integrex as well, but the milling head seemed like overkill as we will pretty much only be milling flats. The increase in cycle time by having a tool bank rather than a turret seemed not worthwhile, and the integrex was an extra $100,000.

I have a 6200y Multiplex With a GL robot it is a great machine. we looked at the integrex and went with the Multiplex. I think the Multiplex is a better machine if you don't have a lot of mill work on the part. And yes i have used both haeds to turn it works great it gets tight working between the heads. You can give me a call and i can tell you more 530-272-8415 ext 201 Howard

I run 2 Integrex's a 100 and 200 both with Sub spindle and lower turret. I also run a multiplex 6100Y. We just got the multiplex about 4 months ago. I look at it this way. If the job can be run on the multiplex it should not be on the Integrex. The job I am running right now was taking 6:00min on the Integrex and only 4:12 on the multiplex. Another job went from 5:00min to 2:30min. Most jobs are 25%-50% faster with the multiplex vs the Integrex. I would get a Y axis it will increase the machines capability and the jobs you can run on it like thread milling. I only use Mazatrol on the multiplex. The Integrex is alot more capable and can do anything the multiplex can do. If the jobs you have can be done on the multiplex you will come out ahead. The machine cost less and will make you more money, money saved to buy the Integrex for the more complex jobs.

http://integrexmachinist.com/

I have a Multiplex 6200Y (2000)it gets a 25% to 40% production increase compared to my two SQT-200MSY's. But it does break down alot in the last 6 months we have replaced the Coolant pump and motor,bearings on left side ball screw for Z axis,Servo Amplifier at $4300.00 and they did not have any in stock so the machine was down for 10 days.And the hard drive on the Fusion control another $2700.00 I will say it makes alot of parts fast but it is nowhere near as reliable as my Nakamura Tome TW-20YY which is a 1995 machine.

Back