What's new
What's new

T-2 Control Shuts off

I am nowhere near being an expert on this matter but I would investigate the incoming power supply to the machine first. I have a old QT-10 and the only time it's control shuts down is when the power blinks due to lightning storms. It seems to me that on my machine there must be something in the computer that watches for clean power because sometimes the power does not even fail enough to make the lights in the shop restart.

The control is powered by a power supply, visible to the left of the control cards in the electrical cabinet.
Sounds like the power supply may be on the brink. The power supply has test terminals on the front, to verify it's output. There are several different voltages to check. I would check these terminals for proper voltage, preferably watching the voltage when the control shuts off. The power supply may be dropping the voltage for just an instant, which is enought to shut the control off.
Keep us informed of what you come up with.
Good luck!
Greg

a 24 volt short to ground will kill control
yes
that's any prox,limit switch, yada yada
one way to trouble shoot this is to press and hold "on" button
if screen comes up nothin but snow and hyd. never kicks on that may be where your at
pain in the ass findin'
check
foot pedal(no 1 suspect)
tailstock prox's
and other high use cruddy zone devices
for pinched/cut wires

not all knowledge is good
i know just what a 50,000 watt induction heater dead shorted coil looks(and smells) like too
could have done without that little memory :rolleyes:
the "dead control over shorts to ground"
holds true on everything up to T32-plus
haven't had it happen to my fusion yet
but i imagine it holds true

Wippin Boy is right, 24V dead short. Seen it happen to me. You have something moving or getting hot and causing the short. It will probably happen again in the near future. Good luck, they are always tough ones.

exact same problem i had w/ the vtc i run w/ a m-plus. Finally after about a year of fighting it, we replaced the incoming power supply board in the back panel. 1700 bucks from mitsubishi, but it fixed it. Also i was told that any of the things that run off 24V supply can be causing a short and be doing the same problem. Like your reset button (since its hit alot) can be shorting out, also i was told that it isnt uncommon for the seals in the toolsetter to breakdown overtime letting too much coolant in and causing a short b/c its 24V as well. I would get a hold of mitsubishi and get that power supply board shipped to you first. Mitsubishi Automation is actually really awesome b/c they let you install the part and make sure it works for like 2 or 3 weeks and you can send it back w/ absolutely no questions asked if it doesnt work.

Back