What's new
What's new

New Mazak user

solgood

Plastic
I just exsepted a job that i will be starting i will be starting in two weeks at a shop that has only mazak machines. I have never worked with these machines (mostly G code).

How hard are they to learn?

Thank for your time

Lathes or Mills???

For two year olds you'll be on a Fusion or Matrix depending on the model. Mazatrol is pretty easy to pick up but .... seems a bit like throwing you on the table their to have to program the machine right off the bat on a machine type (Mazaks) you've never run before.

Many places however generally will program lathes at the control (Mazatrol) and g-code on mills. Not always the case... just common that way.

not too fear mazatrol is very easy conversational software. If you can program in G codes you can surely do mazatrol. describe line left, line right, bolt hole circles, face mill, pocket mill, dril & tap cycle all in on line. it brings up center drill, predrill if needed, tap drill size, tap, chamfer cutter if needed. if will have graphics so you can check in many ways before actual run of program. This is using M32 on mill and T2 on a lathe is very easy.

mazatrol is a piece of cake at the machine, when I first started running cnc's(like 12 years ago)the shop I worked at had mazaks exclusively, I was full on programming within 2 - 3 weeks. this was on m2,m32 and t2 controls, I havent ran many other mazak controls except for fusion on horizontals.
around here they program everything on the machine except for the 3D stuff which they just cam out and send via dnc like most everyone else.

the shop i currently work uses all mazatrol, programmed right at the machine. i came here with 6 years experience in g/m code programming. took me about a week to pick it up and a month to be very fluent at it. should be a piece of cake for you.

Thanks guys, I start my new job a week from today. you have helped me feel less nervise about learning a new control. You will prob. here from me again asking questions after i get started. One thing i have noticed i havent read about anyone complaining about working with these machines.

Thanks again

If anyone has a demo for the Maka t-2 or plus could you please help me out and e-mail me at [email protected]. I've been reading the plus manuel and it has helped. Need more info guys at work don't show me much and I really want to learn more. Please and thank you.

in fact if you know of anything that I can read look or do to better use the Mazaks that would be great. I've only been doing this 9 months or so and want more info. I'm on a quest for knowledge.

My opinion is that if you have a good g-code background as well as being solid on manuals, you can learn any control. Just dont rely on mazaks programming manuals b/c they aren't the greatest. I'm only 21 years old and i consider myself pretty sharp when it comes to programming a vtc w/ a M-plus and i've only been running it off and on for about a year. Just had some help from the guys who know mazaks.. and now, i love mazatrols over all others ive been around. I think you'll do fine.

Back