What's new
What's new

Free MAZAK Training

CatMan

Hot Rolled
My MAZAK salesman stopped by the other day and informed me that training at MAZAK is now free. I know they used to be like 6 or 7 credits (one credit = $100). And you got X number of credits with every machine you purchased. But now he tells me that credits are no longer needed and you just need to sign up.

Anybody else heard this? Just though I'd drop a line for someone that was wanting to go.

I just got on Mazak's web site where you can get set to go to training school and it has not been changed. see below...
Class tuition costs are shown in the search/registration database and payment may be made by company purchase order or company check. Tuition may be offset with training credits, if available, at the rate of $110.00 per credit. Sales tax of 6% will be added for manuals if customer does not have a certificate of exemption on file with Mazak.
....i wish they would make it free though.

If you buy a new machine= free training for three years from the purchase date. If you haven't bought a new one than the same old costs apply.

Actually, the Mazak site lists training for the new Matrix control as free. I was told when I was looking at a new Integrex I could sign up for a Matrix class and take it at no cost. The older fusion classes still cost.

It's an incentive to move people to the new control. they figure they can sell more iron this way.

It's a good idea. Back when I was selling SurfCam, we used to give away a fully funtional 2D version. Many people learned on that, and when they needed 2 1/2D or 3 D or higher they were familiar with the sytem, and chose to buy a new version of Surfcam.

Stu

Clearing up confusion about Mazak Training

There seems to be much confusion about the cost of Mazak Training.

Here is how it works as regards to Maintenance and Programming Training:

As of 11/30/07 the previous credit system was eliminated. 18 months prior to 11/30/07 notice was given to ALL MAZAK SALES PERSONNEL AND DISTRIBUTORS that the credit system would be eliminated. Mazak users had 18 months to use their credits for training before they expired. If you were not made aware of this policy, then you need to ask your sales representative why you were not informed.

Beginning on 11/30/07, the new policy is as follows:

All Maintenance classes will cost $500.00 per student if you come to the National Training Center in Florence, KY. On-site classes will be quoted for individually for each request. If you have bought a new Mazak, you are entitled to get free programming training for three years from the date of purchase. This training can be at the National Training Center or at any of our Regional Tech Centers. It can also be for any programming class on any Mazak, not just for the most recent machine purchase. On-site training is not free and again would be quoted on request.

For Hands-On-Operator training or Application training, you would have to contact your nearest Tech Center or the National Technology Center.

I hope this clears up the confusion.

This jives with my experience. We bought a new Integrex 200-IVS and myself and some of our engineers have taken both Mazatrol and EIA training classes, the hands on Integrex classes, and some maintenance classes for the machine itself and the advanced controls.

All of them were free except the maintenace classes, which cost $500 each to take.

The meals and ample classroom documentation and manuals were included for all the classes free. My suggestion is to take advantage of the instructors knowledge and get .pdf copies of all the training manuals and class notes. So far all of them have been very accomodating. The .pdf manuals are in living color and far easier to search at a later date.

My only beef if I have one, is that I won't buy another machine without the maintenance training classes included. Mazaks weak point is in the physical machine support, and clearly the best solution is to train your in house persoanl to handle as much of the service as you can. I've had several hickups since the maintenace classes that I could resolve in a few minutes. When they happened previously it took 6 days or more and a couple visits to fix the same issues, and the tech really didn't know how to fix it and spent most of the time on the phone. The guys that teach the class are more than willing to show you hands on how to fix what concerns you. I learned how to align the turret which proved to be very helpful for example. I just wish I'd asked to do the subspindle and main spindle alignments in class... 20/20 hindsight...

Back