What's new
What's new

M2 Memory upgrade?

Look in your manuals for the correct FX card number for the bubble memory. Mits has them is stock but they are pricey depending on the size you want. My H-15's have FX-144 cards and I think that they are the biggest you can get. I had another machine that had an FX-124 which I believe is about half the size of the 144. What machine is this on? If you get a card you have to set parameter so the machine knows it's there. Good luck.

If I remember right, the buble memory allows you to tranfer programs from buble memory to working memory and back. It does not make your working memory bigger. Pricey is an understement. I have a bad board Mitsi wanted $4000 to fix, more for one outright.

Its a VQC 20/50 1984 vintage. Need more working memory just being able to drag progs from bubble memory (which i havent got) won't help.

You can't get a bigger RAM. That is the size on all machines of that era. If you have a bubble it will take care of it for you. My machines pull and push programs from and to the bubble all the time. We have to use lot's of subs for thread milling. Sorry that's just a Mazak quirk.

Back