What's new
What's new

Software for uploading from a T-2 to a PC

Mazacam will, pricey though. I saw one an e-bay that's probably worth a try. THink it's called ezatrol or something like that.

I have neen using Ezatrol (just the basic version for storage) and it works well. I had a little problem getting it on the computer and set up but the guy at Ezatrol really helped. For $135.00 there is nothing else out htere that compares. I would highly recommend it. Was told they are workon an editing version so you can program off-line but not available yet.

Michael

WE USE GRIFFO BROTHERS CAMLINK (I BELIEVE THATS HOW IT IS SPELLED, IF NOT DONT LAUGH) TO DOWNLOAD FROM 32'S AND T+'S. DONT KNOW IF THIS WORKS ON T2 OR NOT. KIND OF EXPENSIVE, BUT VERY NICE.

The T2/M2 doesn't support PC output of Native Mazatrol as 3-Digit G-Code Format.

You'll have to move up to the T32/M32 at a minimum to get that option availability.

It's a standard feature in the Fusion control

There are a bunch of things that support Mazatrol Transfer for a T2 control.

CIMCO DNC-Max is the nicest that I have used - it is about $500. This also has the ability to remotely request a program from the control so you do not have to walk to the PC and do it, which is nice if your PC is far away.

I have also used Griffo Brothers and Solutionware, which cost more than twice as much for the data transfer and dont have some nice features that are in CIMCO. If you want to program offline, I think Solutionware's MazaCAM editor is the nicest and least expensive option.

I have also used predator and spectrum but I didnt think either were very good - hard to set up or didnt work well - I dont know the cost of these two, but I think that they are the same or more than CIMCO.

We also use Griffo, and have a T-2 control that we have no problems of programming offline and then uploading or downloading the programs. I still have the original Griffo Bros. demo files for the Turning. If interested let me know and I will email it to you.

X-pert DNC will work. It is capable of downloading the CMT protocol from T/M2 to Fusion control (unsure about Matrix). You can get a free 30hr trial version from www.xpertdnc.com. If you decide to buy, all that is reuired is a coded file to activate your copy.
Mazak Data Transfer is also very robust, as is Mazak Camware. Camware will give you the ability to off-line edit the program as well.

Several of you fellows obviously have experience with Mazak controllers. I'm looking at a 1987 Mazak QT10 with the micro processor option and a RS232 port according to the current owner. He has owned the machine from new and does all his programming at the machine.

My question is will this machine accept the G code posts that today's CAM packages produce? All my limited experience with G code is with a late model CNC mill which accepts files generated by my CAM software using a NC post tailored to my mills controller. I guess I'm also asking do most current CAM packages include a post for the Mazak QT10?

Thanks for the help.

Vern

Back