What's new
What's new

renishaw ts27r tool measure

fuzzytheump

Plastic
can anybody help me to use this tool.im able to get the cycle to start but the distance to go says z-19 inches but it is closer than that.can somone hepl me dive this thing.

Have you entered the approximate length in the tool data page? if so, mdi "G853B1T?". I believe you have to be within .200" to avoid an error. I put the tool in the spindle and measure from the spindle nose to the tool tip with a flex rule. I have never watched the position display while running a tool measure cycle, but it seems that the z would look wrong until the tool has been measured. Have you let the machine finish the cycle? Or are you stopping it because it looks wrong to you?

With smaller diameter tools and drills you can use the "auto measure" button

You have parameter issues thats not seeing the tool measure unit. Is this a factory installed unit or after market?

Also, keep in mind that for a tool measure cycle, the Z distance may look long. But, it needs to be. The control should be turning on the multi-skip signal and it will stop it when it reaches "close" to measuring range. Then, continue for the next signal. But, since you're alarming in Auto mode, I suspect the unit is not factory...

Have you tried "G853B1T#" like I suggested?

To use this g code (in MDI) you have to have a diameter in the tool data page for that tool and an approximate length as well (+/- .100")

To use "tool measure auto" your tool cannot have a diameter of more than .375

Btw, we have a vtc 200 with a fusion 640 controller. Both of these methods work but you can't mix and match the tool data stuff. auto tool measure usually only works for drills.

If you entered a diameter larger than .375 auto measure will not work. Try G853B1T# this code works every time so I never use the auto measure key anymore.

If that still doesn't work then maybe your macro got erased from your program page. These are the programs numered in the 9000 range.

On the new matrix control it is even pickier about the tool data.

I assume it's a Renishaw TS27R?

The G853 thing has to be set up. It may or may not have been when it was installed.

If it is a TS27R you should be able to use auto measure. If it was set up aftermarket and the integrator didn't make it work for you get a new integrator, it's not a tough thing.

If your machine is giving you a huge distance to go you need to look at how all the numbers stack up. Do you use positive or negative tool offsets? What is your work offset?

For negative the tool offset amount should be distance from home to Z0.

For positive tool offsets you should have a G54 (etc) Z value. Distance from home to Z0 with NO tool. This would be a large negative number. Then have a positive tool length value. Actual length of tool.

Hope this helps!

www.ncsprobing.com

Back