What's new
What's new

tailstock oiler motor?

shadow

Plastic
before I begin I don't have the model number of the mazak machine (I'm not a machinist, but I've been asked to find out problems and fix them for my boss) I can get the machine info on monday but for now I can tell you what I've found.
There is an oiler in the tailstock that pumps 1.5cc's of oil every 7 min from a resevior bolted to the back of the tailstock. what I found is that the electric seiko motor went bad. we were able to get in touch with the motor manufacturer and it's no longer available and they didn't offer any options for us. my question is has anyone of you ever encountered this problem and how'd you fix it? Do any of you know of an electric motor that can be modified to fit in the space needed (about 2.25" X 2.25") or is there another way of supplying the oil to the tailstock in the correct ammount etc. again I appologize for not having more info on the machine but I've been asked to solve this problem?????

In my experience, those cyclic pump motors are tiny, and run thru some gearing to lift a plunger pump, this drops every 7 minutes. I often find that the motors being so small don’t burn out, if they seize. You can mess about with them, replace the bearings, gearing etc. They are a mass produced motor, not really intended for repairing. If your time is worth any thing, its often not worth the bother to try and repair them.

Simpler and Quicker route would just be to replace the entire lubricator.

In your part of the world, Bijur would be the player.

http://www.bijur.com/Pages/Products/Automatic/TM-1.htm

Little pump like that, should go about $400ish

http://www.bijur.com/Pages/InfoLevel/USDistributors.htm
S. G. Morris
(Western)
217 Executive Drive
Pittsburgh, PA 16066-6411
Toll-free: 866-SG MORRIS
(866-746-6774)

Penn-Air & Hydraulics Corp.
(Central, Northeast)
1750 Industrial Hwy.
York, PA 17402
Tel: (717) 840-8100
Toll-free: 888-631-7638
Fax: (717) 840-4321

Regards Phil.

seiko-epson corp, they make printers to, you may find the motor also lives in one of thier tractor printers, just an idea
regards
mark

Back