What's new
What's new

Assistance with file format\conversion for Mazak

Kevin D.

Plastic
How do I take a .txt file with NC code on it and make it so it will upload to a Mazak H630 and run. Does that file need to be converted into something to do this? If so what program would I need for conversion? I have Mazacam, would that do it?

With that machine you're on either a M32 or M+ (my guess). So, no, you don't need to... unless your machine only runs in mazatrol. For that case, the program will still go in, but the code will be garbage to the machine if it accepted it.

Mazacam can load it in but the file file format for Mazacam to use might be your limiting factor. For that, just simply open the file in Mazacam (should be able to open a txt file). If not, then just rename the file to the format needed... like .eia or .nc or whatever you're using. Save it as that then use Mazacam to load the program into the machine.

File extensions for text based files are really generic (for the most part). You can freely change the extension name to .txt, .doc, .eia, .nc, etc. And use a "cnc" editor, notepad, wordpad, ... even html to open and edit, save as, etc.

They are M32. Are you saying I dont need to convert the .txt file if the machine can accept eia input, I can just change the extension and upload to the machine?

Hi everyone,
Sorry to but in on your conservation but I have a similar question.
I am fairly new to the CNC world especialy programming. I am trying to get a Dynapath 50 up and running in a hobby shop.
What file format or extension do I need to load g-code from floppy?

CNC Doug... you're in the Mazak forum. Switch over to the "CNC Machining" or CAD/CAM forum and ask that question. You'll get plenty of responses there...

Kevin, IGES files are part/design files. You can't simply convert it to run. You need a CAD system to open it, create toolpaths and post (output) the G code. Then, load the program (G code file) into the machine. Or, open the IGES file on a CAD or viewer, dimension the part, program the part in Mazatrol at the control and run...

I have a Mazak Laser that I FD/NC to. But I have a hack that lets me send it from a PC directly to the controller. I have to format the head and end of the program with some extra info so the L32 knows what the title and program numbers are.

Back