What's new
What's new

Max spindle RPM setting

dcrace

Aluminum
Hello, Mazak QT-8 T-plus control. My question is am I able somehow to set a max RPM value for a given process, or turn off CSS?? I am turning some small dia. aluminum and when cutting off, the RPM climbs to the max. set at the beginning of the program and the parts are being flung inside the machine and either missing the parts catcher or being dented up. Thanks in advance.

You should be able to set the RV and FV to where it will max out for each tool. The RPM limiter at the begining of the program is to set it for all tools. You may have to adjust the FV several times to get it where you want it.

Michael

yeah, looked it up in the manual... also noted quite a few other parameters I will be adjusting. Thanks for the help.

I don't think there will be any smoke..... ;)
I am fairly new to the Mazatrol and the guy that was programming them berore me had some crazy settings. ie: retract clearance for threading tools was set to .200! No wonder he always had problems threading ID's..always had to use tiny micro100 bars making waay too many passes.

i usually program a groove where i will do the cutoff.
i stop .1 inch in x axis, then i program my part off groove in a new unit starting at .1 inch and change my speed and feed in this unit.
so it revs slower at the end of the partoff.

I use the cutoff #4 and rely on the parameter BobW mentioned to control the max rpm at cutoff and use the F-FEED in the Sequence line to control the feedrate at the point just before cutoff. (.1" in your example mazakboy). there is a parameter that changes the X postion at which the feed changes from using the R-feed to using the F-feed. You should be able to perform your cutoff routine the same way, but within 1 cutoff Unit (if you wanted to).

Heres what I'd like to find out. Say I want to rough out a big ol' aluminum part at 4000 rpms, but I want to finish face it at 1000 rpms. (without kicking out to another program or sub program). I'd like to learn how to make that happen by being able to reset the max rpm mid-program. Anybody ever have any luck getting that to work?

Back