What's new
What's new

need help retrieving eia files using mazacam or pc-dnc

Kevin D.

Plastic
Has anyone ever done this before and might be able to help? I cant do it either with mazacam or pc-dnc. It is driving me bananas. They guy who did all this stuff left and there is no documentation. I downloaded pc-dnc to try that to no avail.

Ahh, yes. Solutionware wants us to reup our contract for only $2500. sheesh. RS232 is connected and I have been going thru the tape I/O. I know the cable is good cause it works for up\down of mazatrol programs. With pc-dnc, it even transfers info, it goes for about a minute or two of x-fer and then finishes and says the data is not readbale. i know the data is ok, because they are running the programs.

OK changed the comm port, it looks like i was on the wrong port (duh). This is in mazacam, it x-fers, says "41,046 characters received" but when you open the file where it i saved it is empty. While it is x-fering it keeps saying error 20 parity break detected. So at least we have them talking.

It's M32. Yes, I have tried mazacam, cncpc, pc-dnc and all of them are x-fering something that is about 41kb, but after none can read it, and pc-dnc just gets to about 40kb and crashes.

Back