What's new
What's new

VTC20B lost Mazatrol

Kazam man

Plastic
Hello, I'm new to your forum but I thought I would try you. I have a VTC 20B with an M-Plus control. Last week the machine froze while traveling home at the end of the warm-up program. No alarms, Controls lit but no functions, spindle still turning. The operator shut the machine down and powered up again, but the NC failed to initialise. I wound up having to get Mitsubishi in to get the control up again. They reinitialised the control and got it to function, but I had to get it to actually work. I fed the parameters in by hand because it would not load from the DNC file. I got the machine to function with G code, and I can see the tool data file for Mazatrol, but I can't get into Mazatrol to program or edit or load a Mazatrol program. I have reinitialised and reformatted several times, shorted the capacitor, check and rechecked the parameters against the sheet and another machine. Has anyone run into this before?

go to diagnostic screen and see if the eia only menu is highlighted. If it is just press it and you should be able to access mazatrol

its your incoming power board. trust me. Exact same thing happened for a while on the vtc-16A i work on. New one from mitsubishi is like 2200 bucks but the good thing about mitsuibishi is that they'll ship it to you and let you install it for a few weeks to make sure it fixes the problem before they bill you for it. good luck.

Back