What's new
What's new

Param. for intermittent conveyor operation?

Joe788

Titanium
A friend of mine has a shop full of new Mazak Lathes, and he mentioned that they are all set up with the lift-up conveyor on "Intermittent Operation." So the conveyor runs for 30 seconds, then stops for a designated amount of time, then runs for another 30 seconds. This helps the chips drain some coolant before they are dumped into the chip bin.

I'd like to set up my PFH5800 conveyor the same way, but apparently I'm not smart enough to find the parameters in any of the manuals. I have the Consep2000II conveyor, if that makes a difference. Does anybody know where to look for this info?

look towards the front in the electrical manual. It could be a timer or something. You may have to be in privledged mode to change or see the correct parameters.

haven't hurd of such
that's not saying it ain't true
i do it with after market timers that i install in conveyor circuit

On a 5800 you probably won't have a timer. But, if you have the Consep conveyor, it may be programmable (if you have the books). If its just a "on/off" type switch box, then Wippin'Boy makes a good suggestion with aftermarket stuff.

Here, we just drain the coolant out from our chip bins and pour it in our coolant cycler. Our bins have a ball valve on the bottom to emtpy it out. You should be able to slow down the conveyor for the same effect. Here, I have enough trouble trying to get all of the chips out of the machine fast enough... gotta speed up the conveyors and screws.....

I would consider myself pretty darn leary of electricals. What's involved in slowing it down?

The Turbo Microfine2 Conveyor actually has a nice little knob on it to control the speed. This Consep 2000 just has On/Off/Reverse.

if it just has on/off/reverse it's probly not inverter
putting a timer in the motor circuit is very easy
the timers are in granger/mcmaster carr
and most any electrician could put it in for you
i could draw up a circuit if you need
all you do is put the timer on the low voltage coil that drives motor starter
the you have adjustable on and adjustable off times
piece of cake
probly less work than gears
and inverter would be quite easy to install also but probly a little more money
maybe 200 bucks as apposed to 80

Back