What's new
What's new

Can't home our HTC-400

Volitan

Hot Rolled
We keep getting Soft axis limit alarms when trying to home our HTC-400 this morning.

The Home1 button is lit... Everything else appears to be normal. Z and X get close to home, and Y gets nowhere near home when this happens. It stops in the same place every time, and gives us the alarm.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Just got off the phone with Mazak. Apparently the machine lost position overnight and I had to reset a parameter. It's running now.

This is the second time I had to call the local Mazak people (Connecticut) in a year or so, and I must say they've gotten a lot better. Previously they would want to get the service guy in here for whatever problem we had, but the last two people I dealt with were great. Explaining things on the phone, e-mailing me PDF's, faxing instructions etc.

I know they take a beating here sometimes so I thought I would add some good words.

look in the dumpster for melted tooling
happens alot when they really give it the old wackdaddy
i've allways thought it was because they actually slip the couple on motor which changes numbers

Volitan, I know what you're talking about with the phone support problems. It's sort of a dice roll everytime you call. Some guys are really good, and obviously knowledgeable about the product, and others just kind of look around in the manual and say, "Well, looks like we need to get a service guy out there..."

wippin boy i think you are right i have seen this myself and as long as you are running you can only tell by the fact that the dimensions are off and if you dont suspect anything you can just keep making adjustments but when you try to home the machine you have problems. we see it on our htc-400 but it has always been in the "z" axis. these things have some funky split couplers so you dont even have to crash it and it will slip. we have to run ours at 50% rapids to keep it from slipping. it may slip a small amout at a time and you may see .001 or so difference in "z" depth and adjust for that but at the end of the run or the end of the day you may have made that adjustment 10 or 15 or 20 times and when you try to home the machine it is lost

try this:
- go to paramaters
- find m8 & m9 on which ever axis you are dealing with
- write down numbers (should be a positive and a negitive number)
-put in 9999999 (7 9's) in both m8 & m9 (m8should be positive and m9 should be negitive) zero axis
- put original numbers back in m8 and m9

on edit: i was going to tell you this yesterday when i posted but my phone rang and i had to get back to work and i just didnt get back to this site. sorry

this is typical with m+ control
you can also change m14 for a 1
on all axis, then power down-power back on
home the machine then change m14 back power off power back on and voila.

I've had good luck with most of the guys in service in CT. I like dealing with Shawn H. but the other guys have been able to help me solve issues as well.

Back