What's new
What's new

Looking for a lager memory for a yasnac contro

rosie

Hot Rolled
I have a 1991 or 92 mazak vtc-41. It has to have the smallest memory size on the planet. It has a mazatrol eia control. I have been told it is actually a yasnac control. It isn't like a typical mazatrol machine, It is entirely G and M code programing.

I would like to increase the memory. I called Mazak a while back and they wanted $1500 or $2500 for the first upgrade. I have heard horror stories such as loosing all parameters etc. if you don't do things properly. With that in mind I'm a little hesitant. I'm by no means a computer person so please use easy to understand terms.

With all of this in mind, what do I need to do to increase the memory and not invest a fortune.

Thanks
Rosie

I don't think you're control is early enough to be Yasnac. It should be Mitsubishi. Does your control only say Mazatrol EIA on the panel? I'm pretty sure that you should at least have a M32 on that machine for those years and possibly an M Plus control. Either that or your machine is older than you think (or say)....

Anyway, I'm surprised Mazak still has memory for those things. But even the memory "upgrade" isn't that large until you get to M+ controls. How about drip feeding? (DNC fed programs)..

I'm not 100% sure but I remember the tech at Mazak I taked to, said it is the Yasnac control MX-3. Jburgess helped jog my memory.

I went out and looked.
On the control it says Mazak Mazatrol EIA. The controller# is ETC-50312.1. The ROM# is 172-2. Any of the manuals in the doors say Yamazaki Mazak. The manufacturing year was 1991.

I could drip feed as a last resort, but I'd rather not.

Thanks for the help. I've got an email in to yaskawa. If anything cool pops up I'll repost.

Thanks
Rosie

Memory

Rosie, did you have any luck increasing your 'snacker's memory? Also do you, or anyone else, know how to DNC an mx-3?

Yasnac mx3

Dear Sir I have mx3 yasnac controller
i need main board ROM 44 software (binery file) can u help me. Because my ROM has been stolen. if u provide me software, so i can copy it in a newer one thanks.

Back