What's new
What's new

Bolt pattern on 6" flat cup tool grinders?

Bruce Griffing

Titanium
I am making a tool grinder setup. I want to use the 1.25" hole 6" wheels with the standard 4 bolt pattern. I have looked pretty hard and cannot find the radius of the bolt pattern. Anyone know?

I am making a tool grinder setup. I want to use the 1.25" hole 6" wheels with the standard 4 bolt pattern. I have looked pretty hard and cannot find the radius of the bolt pattern. Anyone know?

Get a wheel Bruce :D

Even a junk wheel

I am not in the shop, but I think it is 3 1/4

An old wheel may disprove me though

John

What Mr. Oder said, or contact a place like Norton Abrasives. They often have a print they can provide of their grinding wheels that they can zap to you or fax.

Richard

What Mr. Oder said, or contact a place like Norton Abrasives. They often have a print they can provide of their grinding wheels that they can zap to you or fax.

Richard

Richard

I went out to the shop and measured a new Isreal made wheel.

Bolt circle dia.-3.265"

Bolt hole dia.-.395"

It's been my experience the holes don't always line up and I have to drill out the holes to get the bolts in.

There, it is in inches, not metric or anything else.

[ 03-04-2007, 10:12 PM: Message edited by: Carl Darnell ]

Bolt circle dia.-3.265"

Bolt hole dia.-.395"

It's been my experience the holes don't always line up and I have to drill out the holes to get the bolts in.

Bolt circle dia.-3.265"

Bolt hole dia.-.395"

I have a wheel, but I also find that the dimensions don't make sense or fit other grinders I already have. I wanted the one I make to be right on the money - so as to minimize the differences between my standard wheel and the variable results I see on my e-bay purchases.

I have a wheel, but I also find that the dimensions don't make sense or fit other grinders I already have. I wanted the one I make to be right on the money - so as to minimize the differences between my standard wheel and the variable results I see on my e-bay purchases.

Bruce, the dimentions I gave in the post above are taken off a new wheel. I guess the best way to do it is to measure several different brands of wheels. It would be a good idea to measure several brands of grinders where the wheel mounts to it. I was kind of hoping that some others would measure a different brand of wheel for you and that is why I listed the brand I measured.

Bruce, the dimentions I gave in the post above are taken off a new wheel. I guess the best way to do it is to measure several different brands of wheels. It would be a good idea to measure several brands of grinders where the wheel mounts to it. I was kind of hoping that some others would measure a different brand of wheel for you and that is why I listed the brand I measured.

Back