What's new
What's new

Will be new to the Haas family soon

Eric U

Hot Rolled
I ordered my new TL-1 a few weeks ago, and it is supposed to arrive in another few weeks. Needless to say, I'm pretty excited. I ordered it with the chuck, tailstock, coolant, and rigid tapping.

It's replacing a Chinese manual lathe that just can't hold the tolerances I need. I've also had it with changing the change gears necessary to go from one thread pitch to another. No quick-change gear box on that one. I'll take pictures when my new machine shows up.

Eric

New owner also.

I am getting a new mini mill. it is going to be ready 1-17-8. I have ordered the 4" extended clearance. does anyone have this option?. Any feedback would be welcome.
thank you

billy

I didnt get it on my Mini Mill and could kick myself for not getting it. Because when you put a 6 inch vise on the table you use up the z distance in a hurry.

So, Eric, did your TL-1 arrive yet? Why the long delivery schedule? I signed the contract on my TL-1 on a Friday and my HFO had that machine delivered one week later. I understand that they stock basic machines now. I can't imagine it taking more than 2 weeks to get one to Colorado.

If holding tolerance is really important, get yourself a really good machinery level and check the bed in numerous places. Mine has a slight twist.

Also: make sure you have the tech double-check the spindle and tailstock alignment when it arrives. Mine traveled 99 miles and the spindle is 0.002" different than when it was inspected at the factory. Moved? Casting shift? Bogus inspection? I don't know...but I'd like to find out.

Greg

Greg,

My machine is supposed to be done at the factory on the 8th of Jan. Should be here by the 15th. I have no idea why it is taking 5-6 weeks for mine when it took one for yours. Just lucky, I guess? Did you get one of the inventory clearance specials? If so, then I can see why yours might have gone quicker.

I'm still tooling up for this machine, so I'm not in a real big hurry, and I need to sell my manual machine to make room.

Eric

Well, yes and no to the 'inventory clearance' question. It might have been one of those machines: I don't know. I was eligible for a $2500 discount (customer loyalty program they were running) so it ended up a wash: clearance or otherwise.

My machine was completed in July so it was sitting in inventory awhile. I understand that's normal now though. They are trying to build 'standard configuration' machines for quick shipment. I got the LCD15 model so there's nothing 'old' about it. They had others at the time too.

Lets see: I ordered on 11/9, I asked him to sit on the paperwork until Monday so I'd know if my manual lathe was sold, he put the order in Monday morning, the machine was in place on Friday 11/16.

The only thing you ordered that I didn't get is the coolant pump and the chuck. I would imagine they'd pull that puppy from inventory, add a chuck and coolant tank and move it. Very odd.

really glad i did

thank you guys, I feel good now. I thought the 10" z might be tight and I'm glad I ordered the 4" clearance. thank you for the feedback

billy

Back