What's new
What's new

part zero 1995 vf3

nicholisc

Plastic
In mdi mode what codes do i use to send the machine to the works zero. I know this is a stupid question but all i had to do on my last machine was G98. But that doesnt work on this machine.Thanks for any help, Nick
Oh and does anyone know if i can get a remote jog handle for this year model? Im going to call haas and ask them after the holiday and ask them. Merry Christmas guys and thanks for everybodys help.

Do you mean machine zero?

If so it is G53 X0Y0Z0.
You can also just hit the Home button.

IF you want to go to your work zero then you need to type G54 x0y0.

One little thing that I do is set up an aliased G code to park the table front and center.
I use G153. This calls a 9000 series program that is G0 G53 X-20.Y0Z0

In MDI I just type G153 and hit CS to bring the table front and center.

Do you have the manual?

The remote would be handy. I would be curious to see if it is available on and older machine.

g54 xoyo not working

immediately after homing the machine G00 X0y0 will send the machine to work zero, G54 X0Y0 also sends machine to work zero, but for some reason after a G98 has been sent to the control, whether through mdi or in a program, these commands dont work. Whether i use G54 X0Y0, or just G00 X0Y0 the machine doesnt move anywhere, no alarms or anything. It just says program end and doesnt move anywhere. Thanks for your help, if you have any other ideas i would appreciate them. The idea of setting the G153 to bring the table front and center is a good idea and i will do it when i can get past this problem. It is very important that i can do this as i machine alot of crappy sand castings that i have to rezero each part. thanks for your help, Nick

part zero problem

I figured it out, it needed a G90, the most previously ran program had a G91 at the end so when i sent it to x0y0 it was incremental and didnt move. duh. this stuff is new to me, i recently upgraded from a 1985 milltronics partner 3 with mastercam 5 to a 1995 haas vf3 with mastercam X, so ive got alot of learning to do. Any advice you guys give is appreciated and much needed. Thanks, Nick

Back