What's new
What's new

HFO - Do they reset time clocks when selling machines??

Pig Soooeee

Aluminum
I am getting ready to sell a Haas mill. 7 years old when I bought it through a Haas Factory Outlet. I looked at the machine at the previous plant. The HFO then moved it to their location along with a couple of other Haas machines to do a thorough inspection. I have had it for about 2 1/2 years since then. I was surprised when looking at the time clock that it has 3500 hrs. on time and about 2000 hours machine time which is about right for my usage.

Is resetting the clocks normal practice for a HFO in this kind of situation??

It may depend on board upgrades. I had my 96 upgraded with 16megs and I think everything got changed out that had the old elapsed time settings. Or maybe I don't know where to look for these settings? Is there a method using 'debug' to see more?

I understand that there are 'servo times' and other logs hidden in their 'super secret' maintenance screens. I was told that the clocks we see could be reset but the others were forever. Unless of course, the board with the memory was changed out.

Back when I had to get a new motherboard in mine the time went to zero and the tool change counter went to zero.

I think the maintence screens have some different counters.

Who knows. After having a tech update the software in my control, I found that my machine has a serial number of 000000. :)

Matt

The same thing happened to me, new mother board with the forgotten serial number replacement. The problem is that after a few months I started to get messages that I needed to call Haas and get a new code or the machine would shut off. Turned out that the lack of a serial number triggers the sequence Haas uses to make sure people make their lease payments.

Vern

Back