What's new
What's new

Gremlins

Npw

Plastic
I think I have some gremlins in my power box. I went to turn on my HAAS VF2 this morning and run the warm-up cycle. When I came back to check on the machine it was powered down. Upon inspection of the back panel, a fuse switch was turned off. I reset it and tried firing up the machine again. When I turned the spindle on in the MDI mode at 1000 rpms it shut down again. Has anyone else ever experienced anything like this?

Also I'm familiar with the automatic shut down setting, and NO, it was not on.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

I'm assuming it's a breaker and not a fuse. I have had a bad breaker which tripped often. Swapped it out with another of the same size and problem followed the breaker.

I have also had machine power off all by itself, wound up being the power off switch hanging up. Does not sound like your problem as you tripped the breaker first.

On my Emco Maier, the power supply board going bad shut the machine down once in awhile, I'd just start'er up and she'd go for awhile then power down again.

power down

I had this same type of problem with a fanuc 10m control, only when it was cold. This may sound weird but try using a hair dryer on the on the power supply and mother board. By warming up the little capacitors on these cards or power supply my fanuc would work without problem. This will also narrow down the area of problem.
I found the area of problem on my power supply and replaced all of the little capacitors on that card by re-soldering them in place. All works good as new now.

Back