What's new
What's new

VF3 startup info for newbie

wddanie

Plastic
I'm starting up a yr 2000 VF3 that has been out of service for about 4 years and have a few questions. Briefly, I can't figure out how to add transmission oil, what is the overflow bucket and nylon drain tube near the way oil pump and I think there may me some filter missing from the coolant pumping system.

I went through the pm section of the manual and it sayes to change the transmission oil each year, but I can not find a place to add or drain the oil. I read another post with the same question and he found out his machine did not have a gearbox. I suspect mine might be the same way. One the top spindle cover there is a hole labeled: transmission oil fill: mobil dte25, but there is no obvious spot to add oil. You would think there would be a tube with a cap, but there is none. I checked the label in the cabinet and spindle motor is circled, but gearbox is not. Its a 30-5700B spindle motor if I make out the hand writing correctly and a 40 spindle taper.

Is the over flow bottle out back by the way lube pump for excess way lube collecting in the bottom of the casting? What is the .5 od nylon tube for that comes off the alum block feeding this bottle and where should it go? I think it is to drain coolant off from that way oil puddle in the casting and should go over to the coolant tank, but I thought I should ask.

Finally, the coolant tank has 4 ~4" holes in the top of it, and a single pump bolted in place with a y fitting coming off it, whith a ball valve in the output legs of the y. There is a single hose with a matching garden hose fitting that obviuosly hooks up to the y. Are all these other holes and fittings for options that I do not have or am I missing something important?

Thanks,

Doug

Attachments

• oil fill close pm 004.jpg
    oil fill close pm 004.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 560
  • oil fill wide pm 005.jpg
    oil fill wide pm 005.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 439
To check to see it the machine has a gear box check Parameter 57. you should see a parameter caller gear box if it is set to 0 it does nothave a gearbox and if it is set to 1 it has a gearbox.

Back