What's new
What's new

New Haas, Old Fadals, fresh headaches

kayplace02

Plastic
Our shop recently purchased a new Haas VF2-SS and we're trying to convert programs from our Fadals to make them work on the Haas. Anyone know of resources out there to ease this transition or advice? Main problem right now is getting a "machining look-ahead" alarm.

I don't have any fadels, but one of the times I was mad at my dealer I was looking at fadels as an option. The main reason I didn't buy one was as I was looking at the G and M codes I noticed a few that used the same code as the haas but they did different things and looked to me as if it would be real easy to mix them up and crash. I imagine you have one of those codes in there and it has recognized it, unfortunatly it isn't telling you which one.

What are you using to program these machiens with?
Go back into the CAM file and change your post to a Haas post.....

To ad to PBMW's post you should start using Fadal format #1 style programing thing the same post will work on both machines...

Fadal format 1 will not work with haas machines w/o modifications.

In format 1
Fadal doesn't use g43.
Fadal uses E1 E2 instead of G54 G55
Fadal tapping uses F as rpm and q as lead, 1/4-20 would be q.05, instead of rpm in a separate line and feedrate.

There are probably more differences but I cant remember them off the top of my head.

G-coder, Format 2 is the Fanuc style, Format 1 just sucks, and barely works on a Fadal, never mind any other machine.

Keyplace, go back to the CAM, and repost, I seldom use the same actual program, new and different tools, new techniques, etc... If this was all hand coded, then I have no suggestions.

although fadal doesn't use g43 , if you have the H# it should work . the control should just ignore
the g43 . rename the fixture offsets to E1,E2.....etc.. from g54-g59 , g125 etc...

some of the Letter designated variables may be different as well. A whole lot easier than
recomposing all those x y z a b, i j k , g m f and S values in a good sized program.

you can edit with an editor , or just use wordpad and use CTRL-F to search for specific
characters.

Not the easiest, but you can use the Haas Editor.
In the Edit mode hit F1, then scroll to softkey "Search", then down to "Find and Replace".

You would enter the Fadal Command line that needs to be changed.
Enter
Then enter your New and improved Haas Command line
Enter
Then choose Forward
Enter
Then All

The editor will then swap out the commands thoughout the entire program.

I think Predetor Editor can do the same offline.

Back