What's new
What's new

New monitor options..

Alum chips

Banned
My 2000 VF4.... which has never had a hiccup since new.. just had the monitor fade out, and then come back on. :(
So that will probably mean that one day soon it will be black permanently.
I assume that the only place to get one is from momma haas..unless someone tells me different :cool:
Gary

Alum chips:

You may only need to pull the rear cover off and wiggle some wires. We have to do that from time to time. Be careful there may be a substantial residual high voltage charge on the CRT.

Also looking from the rear at the left inside there is a cover over a regulator. like a 78 something. If I remember correctly the solder joints to this failed and I had to resolder. But my memory is foggy on this. I do not remember replacing the regulator.

local repair?

We took one off of a two year old Haas Lathe that was acting like yours to the local TV repair guy (friend of ours) and he repaired it for $30.00. It's been three years now and still going strong.

Greg

Dont Know about Haas, but I have an older Milltronics that blew the monitor . I just bought a 12" plasma from Tigerdirect , and made an Aluminum boxto mount it on the front of control, and for $100 I'm back up and running ( well OK I forgot to add in the time /materials for the box).
Most CRTs are just a power cord and a VGA plug inside the box.

Dont know about the VGA but its a late 00. If it goes I will do the cable wiggle thing, along with all of the obvious things. But if it goes it will be when I need it the most..like always.. so I will probably just order one. I would like to have at least one option besides mama haas though.
Gary

Did they not switch to LCD around 00'? LCD would not have near the analog complexity and high voltage dangers. I agree, if it will com back on, it may be a short. The LCD I am looking at right now had that same issue. Couple solder joints later, good to go.

haas (my 2 90's something vf's) are standard computer plug and cable stuff
even brand new from ma haas they are much less than most

if you can find an old 9 pin monochrome monitor you can use that i had a lot of guys just hook up their old 9 pin green screen computer monitors.

Back