What's new
What's new

Turning off thru spindle coolant

krazyglue

Cast Iron
On a 2 year old VF-6 is there anyway on the control to turn off the spindle coolant, and then back on other than m88/89?

The coolant button just does the m8/m9. Shift coolant does nothing also. I am sort of new to a Haas.

If i am running a job the first time i want to see that the tool is in the right place just before it goes into the fog.

your aux coolant button should control the TSC. If it does not, you should check parameters and settings. I have heard of a few not working correctly.

Unless the design has changed here is my take on this question.

While the spindle is on you shouldn't be able to turn off your thru the spindle coolant. You can burn up your carbide discs, they get lubricated from the coolant.
Also while the spindle is turning you should not be able to activate your TSC. If the disks engage while the spindle is turning it would be like shifting a car in gear while the motor is revving at 5,000 rpms.

The Aux Coolant button i've heard is how but on our EC 1600 it doesn't work. I know on all of our Mazak's it don't matter if its running or not... if you want to turn it off or on you can. We have had no issues at all with any of those.

Back