What's new
What's new

New Haas Mill

pilgrimtt

Cast Iron
What has other guys experience been negotiaing price with Haas dealers? I was thinking about starting in to see what he would do but it would be good to hear what happened to others. Also this 7 1/2% discount deal weighs into the situation. The options package makes me crazy but it looks like I would want enough of them that the full option deal makes the most sense. I could care less about the intuitive programming and the coordinate rotation but it is in every option.

Haas Dealers

Try to get them to throw in things you *need*. Early Power Failure Detection, Retention knobs, etc... The dealer have "special" priced packages that are "better" than what is listed on the Haas website. Also, look to see if they have an ordered, but subsequently not delivered machine.
Chazsani

My sales kept saying you need this, you need that, I get you a deal. In the end he never mentioned what the "deal" would be. I opted to get tool holders, collets, etc, from other sources

negotiating price

I got the 7.5 discount...plus

An addtional discount of about another 3% from my local dealer. Sweet!

And extended warranty of an additional 6 months on top of the 6 month included. total = 12 months.

And the onsite training of 4 hours for $495.,, free

Don't tell anyone, my way but this is it.

Just negotiate slowly, bit by bit, with no rush and don't do it all at once in a hurried time frame to tie up the contract . No one shot deal. Just go along , slowly, considering and agreeably. Adding graduallly more, as they lure you in, and don't sign until you got what you want within reason...that's the my advice and stratgy and it has worked well for me. Agree, but don't commit to signing until you got what you want within reason, and always be nice about it, then add just add a little bit, more to comsumate the final deal. When it's too close and it becomex too irresistable to refuse one last request.
When they know they got you, you got them too! Works both ways.
Good business folks.

Just one more , little, little thing...and I'm ready to sign the dotted line.
It's a process. Finesse it to your best!
You can do it!
Mermaid.

Another thing you can do is have the dealer throw in some service...it's like politcal "soft money". Maybe an accuracy check after six months, or a couple of preventative maintenance services - these are also ways for them to make more money when they find things not up to speed on your machine, but not covered under warranty.

Some machines just don't have the wiggle room of others...I think you can get a larger percentage off an Okuma than a Haas...it may cost a bit more, but you'll feel like you got a great deal!

Steve

Back