What's new
What's new

New VF5 HAAS

K Wallace

Aluminum
OK arrived yesterday.

The packaging is very well done and quiet sturdy.

The mill itself is also a nice package and presented well, we got all the simple extras thrown in (air gun, brush, racking, containers)

I have not had much of a chance to try it out yet but i'm looking forward to it

Oh and the new type of screen 15" colour, looks great!

Attachments

• 100_1157_001.JPG
    100_1157_001.JPG
    78.9 KB · Views: 555
  • 100_1159_001.JPG
    100_1159_001.JPG
    56.4 KB · Views: 905
  • 100_1160_001.JPG
    100_1160_001.JPG
    68 KB · Views: 514
  • 100_1161_001.JPG
    100_1161_001.JPG
    60.1 KB · Views: 484
Congratulations!

Looks like somebody is about to have some serious fun (and work) ahead.

Hope you have a great run with your new machine, and enjoy that monitor, Im envious!

What did shipping and rigging cost to Malaysia? (Just curious).

I have one too

I bought one 2 1/2 yrs ago, I love that beast!

1 of 3 mills I have, you will enjoy the large working space, advise getting some 2" thick tooling plates if you are going to do any "plate" work, the spindle stops about 5" from the table in "Z".

Other that that, have fun!!

"D"

I bought one 2 1/2 yrs ago, I love that beast!

1 of 3 mills I have, you will enjoy the large working space, advise getting some 2" thick tooling plates if you are going to do any "plate" work, the spindle stops about 5" from the table in "Z".

Other that that, have fun!!

"D"

Ahh thanks for that, I was wondering about haw far it traveled.

Re. shipping, don't know it was included with the price. Which was around USD100,000 (I also had the read ahead, 15000rpm motor & air blow)

save that mylar looking package matirial, that makes a hell of a tarp. Was it a real task unwraping that stuff ???

New Machine

Just got a new Haas SL-40 myself.........It was bundled up like a Eskimo too.....took me longer to unwrap it than it took the riggers to move it into the shop...not complaining though it took a trip from Oxnard to N.E. Oklahoma high and dry!!!!!!!!!!!! I've had my machine for two weeks now and i LOVE IT... good luck with yours..........Tatanka

I'm surprised that they block the Z with steel rather than wood.

???

----------

I am Ox and I approve this here post!

Back